By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Activision calls for console price cuts

I honestly couldn't care if Activision disappeared out of the blue. I don't like any of their games, and if I have played them. I rented them.

Around the Network

OK Activision, and how about some software price cuts first ?

Hey if they threaten again they could get another price cut, remeber the PS3 threats that turned into the slim?

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

okay, the first statements from people about activision:

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Well, the consoles will be cutting - the 360 being the most likely this year, the PS3 possibly as well. They will end up getting their wish, just keep that in mind...

Around the Network
Reasonable said:
KylieDog said:
Is hilarious how they say consoles need price cuts when they increased the price for what was pretty much a cut+paste sequel. Literally, MW1 PC hacks work on MW2 without editing.

I still don't know how they managed to spend what I've seen quoted as $50 M on MW2.  It's the same engine so far as I can see give or take the odd tweak.  MW2 just felt like a new set of SP maps (and a fairly small one at that) coupled with some new MP maps and some new MP perks.

I'm just flabbergasted that to deliver MW2 took more than games like Gears of War 2 or Uncharted 2 and delivered so much less that was either new content or clear and obvious improvements to the underlying engine.

I can only assume some extra-development 'perks' crept onto the balance books.  Either that or IW gave everyone in the development team major salary rises.

That's what we call "Horrible management of resources".

OT: Fuck that. I honestly believe if they would cut game prices [and use their money more efficiently], they'd save a ton on marketing because of the better sales they'd be getting. 

60$ per new game feels like a much bigger put off than 500$ on a console, imo. 

4 ≈ One

Has anyone noticed this is Blizzard and not so much Activision?

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Why is Morhaime talking about Consoles?

It's not like they are his area of expertise.

I LOVE ICELAND!

I can see where he's coming from. The current consoles are at the price range the last generation launched with and they are all 3-4 years old. Could you imagine if the year before the 360's launch the XBox was still $300. Now there's not too big of a chance of new consoles in 2011, but it does exist and I can only imagine where the market will go from here if they do come. These systems have not reached their maximum potential due to high prices, which means games sales haven't either. Really, I think Activision wants to make sure that they aren't being used for the benefit of the console makers.

Now obviously that means they will act like SONY and MS should bend over for them, and that's where they cross the line. When they announce what they want, that's cool, when they tell the console makers how to manage their own products its not. Frankly, Activision won't be satisfied until the console makers come up with a way to give their machines away for free (though only the Arcade is in the position to do this, assuming it was given away with an X year subscription to Live). With an attitude like that, they really can go **** themselves.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

F*** u Activision really.