By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I now have more Wii games than N64 games.

Bark said:
konnichiwa said:
Bark said:
Fuzzmosis said:
Sorry Montana, but Super Nintendo takes that crown. Nearly effortlessly from N64 too.

The NES is the greatest game console of all time IMHO. Only the PS2 can be argued to have had greater impact.

PS2 hmm no...

I would say PS one.

Nes saved the game industry.

PS One made it cool/popular

It pioneered 3D games.... but the ones I have played weren't very good. While looking at the alleged Amazon top 15 games for the console, Tekken 3 and Driver are the only games I really liked.

fkusumot said:
Bark said:
Fuzzmosis said:
Sorry Montana, but Super Nintendo takes that crown. Nearly effortlessly from N64 too.

Nes >> SNES > Various Gameboy incarnations > Game Cube >>> N64 >>>>>>>>>> Virtual Boy.

I'm not going to throw the Wii and DS up there until they have been out longer.

I would argue that the DS is already the new SNES. Of course it may also be the next PS2.

I will say that it is better than the Gameboy systems, heck it is a Gamboy Advance for the most part. I can't say that I have seen any system defining games though. The N64 had OOT (as MakingMusic476 pointed out), GoldenEye, and to a lesser extent Mario 64. I want to see a DS game that stands the test of time. Of course we won't know that until a few years from now.

Until then I am not ready to say it beats the awesomeness of ChronoTrigger, LTTP, DKC, Castlevania 4, Super Mario World, Super Metroid, Secret of Mana, Contra III, etc.

Note: I can't wait to play the new DS Contra game. Hopefully that will be a defining game.

Nintendogs? New Super Mario Bros? Mario Kart DS? Castlevania? FFIII? errrr... Pony Friends??

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:

Nintendogs? New Super Mario Bros? Mario Kart DS? Castlevania? FFIII? errrr... Pony Friends??

Yep. And Ouendan! (Elite Beat Agents, but the Japanese version and sequel is much superior). Also Animal Crossing is certainly something... defining. If there is more, and I'm sure there is, then I'm looking forward to it.

fkusumot said:
routsounmanman said:

Yep. And Ouendan! (Elite Beat Agents, but the Japanese version and sequel is much superior). Also Animal Crossing is certainly something... defining. If there is more, and I'm sure there is, then I'm looking forward to it.

Don't forget Brain Training.  And Ouendan is equal to EBA IMO.  While J-Pop is great for the style of game, EBA picked just awesome music.  Some of the songs were absolutely terrible, but in a good way.  Kind of like Sonic and the Secret Rings and the White Power Ranger song. 

Only 7 N64 games?!!?!?!

*Passes out*

I had something 20+ GC games and (with my brothers) about 20+ N64 games and currently own 5 Wii games (+ on VC 2 N64 games [not counted earlier] and 2 NES games).

As what it comes to what's the best system, it's hard to pick one between NES, SNES and N64, since they all have their benefits and every system has some of my favourite games. N64 had few "revolutionary" games, which set standards to games after them and any of which easilly justified the console purchase, but 3rd party support sucked. And even that GC had few great games, it definately looked like Nintendo tried to play the game, that it's rivals played (when they had before played their game, which they are currently doing with Wii and DS).
And it's interesting to see, that how some picked PS2 as their favourite console (not arguing about personal opinions), but it was so meaningless console outside sales numbers, unlike Nintendos 3 first consoles or even it's precessor.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
fkusumot said:
routsounmanman said:

Don't forget Brain Training. And Ouendan is equal to EBA IMO. While J-Pop is great for the style of game, EBA picked just awesome music. Some of the songs were absolutely terrible, but in a good way. Kind of like Sonic and the Secret Rings and the White Power Ranger song.

How could I forget Brain Training? Brain Age 2 is better though. As far as EBA vs Ouendan my quibble (it's just a quibble) isn't with the music it's with the storyline and humour, as odd as that may sound.

Shrug, I'm proud to be quoted twice running through 2 semi separate conversations.

Seeing as I'm one whole year older than Montanna, it's weird, but I started gaming at age 4, Super Nintendo was the first generation I saw in it's entirity, from the Jealousy of a kid in Grade 2 bringing the instruction manual to class to Super Mario RPG. Star Fox with the FX Chip! Rampart, monopoly and bomberman as games my family would sit down and play together!

I loved the N64, but the SNES era defined me as a gamer :P. GBA/DS covers a similar style, so I enjoy that thoroughly, seeing as I've given square-enix an awful lot of money for stuff they've made... a long time ago.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Really? I like the humor in both. There is certainly a difference between the humor in EBA and Ouendan, but I don't think either is bad.

MontanaHatchet said:
I was too young when the SNES came out to appreciate its greatness :(

Woe is me.

If you haven't experienced SNES greatness, then I have lost all respect for you.  :P

The N64 had some of the best games of all time.  It just didn't have as many good games to complement the lineup of must-haves.  And I've never understood the Gamecube hate either, there were plenty of stellar Gamecube titles.

The ds is the greatest one nintendo has made, you can play all your GB games. And great games like mario 64, mario kart, and super mario bros.

mM