By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I now have more Wii games than N64 games.

I used to own an SNES and GBC, don't know what happened to them and the games.

N64 games: 3 (had 5)

GC games: 10 (had 11)

Wii Games: 10

DS: 12

for Christmas it will be like this:

GC: 11

Wii: 12

DS: 17

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:

If your Wii collection surpasses your N64 collection than I have lost all respect for you.

The Nintendo 64, for all the whining, is probably Nintendo's best console. But then again, how can you rank them? All of Nintendo's consoles before the Gamecube were immeasurably good! Oh, except the Virtual Boy.

I lost track of how many Nintendo 64 games I own, but Smash is definitely my favorite.

I agree with everything you said. :)

Well, replace Smash with OoT.  It's a close second, though. :P 

I really need to make a list of all games I own but I am to lazy for it.

I don't really have so much Wii games. (less than 10).

I said before GC was a dissapoint for me but N64 no way that console was awesome the only reason that I played PS ONe more was because the huge library but N64 was still awesome.

Fuzzmosis said:
Sorry Montana, but Super Nintendo takes that crown. Nearly effortlessly from N64 too.

Wow.  I'm glad you and others in this thread are so young.  I thought I had taken the red pill or something. 

The NES is the greatest game console of all time IMHO.  Only the PS2 can be argued to have had greater impact. 

The N64 was so horrible, as was all of the affordable consoles during that generation, that I went into PC gaming instead.  With the exception of Virtual Boy, I can't think of a worse Nintendo console. 

Nes >> SNES > Various Gameboy incarnations > Game Cube >>> N64 >>>>>>>>>> Virtual Boy.

I'm not going to throw the Wii and DS up there until they have been out longer.   

Bark said:
Fuzzmosis said:
Sorry Montana, but Super Nintendo takes that crown. Nearly effortlessly from N64 too.

Wow. I'm glad you and others in this thread are so young. I thought I had taken the red pill or something.

The NES is the greatest game console of all time IMHO. Only the PS2 can be argued to have had greater impact.

The N64 was so horrible, as was all of the affordable consoles during that generation, that I went into PC gaming instead. With the exception of Virtual Boy, I can't think of a worse Nintendo console.

Nes >> SNES > Various Gameboy incarnations > Game Cube >>> N64 >>>>>>>>>> Virtual Boy.

Don't get me wrong, the NES had it's great games, and a hell of a lot of them (Kirby's Adventure is the best Kirby to date) but overall I enjoyed the N64's games more.  Though the fact that OoT is my favorite game of all time could make my opinion a tad biased. :P

I can't comment on the SNES, however. I kinda skipped that gen.

Around the Network
Bark said:
Fuzzmosis said:

The NES is the greatest game console of all time IMHO.  Only the PS2 can be argued to have had greater impact. 

PS2 hmm no...

I would say PS one.

Nes saved the game industry.

PS One made it cool/popular

N64 (bought at end of it's life) : 3 games (not Mario64 OR Zelda OoT!)
GC : 9 games
Wii : 13 games + Wii sports
So, we basically see a tremendous love for the console (Wii), considering the quality of most of the games out there.

My parents still have a NES and 25 games, plus a back-up NES. I was just out their house and I took my SNES from their house (along with 16 games, mostly RPGs) and am going to hook it up to my HDTV :) It was either that or rebuy a bunch of games on the VC.

I might have to take my Genesis back from their house this winter to prevent me from buying Genesis games from the VC :)

Oh, and if you didn't know, my favorite systems are "favorite systems: PS, PC, SNES, Wii" :)

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Bark said:
Fuzzmosis said:

I would argue that the DS is already the new SNES. Of course it may also be the next PS2.

konnichiwa said:
Bark said:
Fuzzmosis said:

PS2 hmm no...

I would say PS one.

Nes saved the game industry.

PS One made it cool/popular

It pioneered 3D games.... but the ones I have played weren't very good.  While looking at the alleged Amazon top 15 games for the console, Tekken 3 and Driver are the only games I really liked.

fkusumot said:
Bark said:
Fuzzmosis said:

I would argue that the DS is already the new SNES. Of course it may also be the next PS2.

I will say that it is better than the Gameboy systems, heck it is a Gamboy Advance for the most part.   I can't say that I have seen any system defining games though.   The N64 had OOT (as MakingMusic476 pointed out), GoldenEye, and to a lesser extent Mario 64.  I want to see a DS game that stands the test of time.   Of course we won't know that until a few years from now.

Until then I am not ready to say it beats the awesomeness of ChronoTrigger, LTTP, DKC, Castlevania 4, Super Mario World, Super Metroid, Secret of Mana, Contra III, etc. 

Note:  I can't wait to play the new DS Contra game.  Hopefully that will be a defining game.