By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I now have more Wii games than N64 games.

After having bought a Nintendo 64 specifically for Mario64, I was later on shocked by how few additional games would later interest me. I was expecting a Mario64 -2, somewhere down the road but this never actually happened...

Luckily there are more than enough good game releases for my NDS.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

That's insane MikeB, as amazing as Mario 64 was, it became one of my lesser played N64 titles for sure. I spent most my time on Perfect Dark, GoldenEye, Staw Wars Pod Racer (lol, I just loved it), LoZ:Majora's Mask, WcW vs NWO Revenge, and for some reason, Automobili Lamborghini. Donkey Kong 64 was great too.

And how could I have forgotten, Mario Tennis 64, that was such a freakin' amazing game, me and my brother could play it for hours. OMG and of course Super Smash Brothers, another game that could be played for.. ever.

Oh yea and Conker's Bad Fur day was just hilarious, I never got into Banjo Kazooie though. OH and Jet Force Gemini was such a great game, it deserved more success than it got in my opinion. Carmageddon 64 I loved aswell, I've always been a fan of that series though, and CastleVania 64 was amazing, creeped me out a bit too. I really liked Extreme G2 (couldn't find the first), I loved going at the ridiculous speeds and blowing the crap out of the other bikes. Oh yea and I was into the Pokemon craze at the time so I got Pokemon Stadium which was fun. Argh and how could I forget Rayman 2:TGE, that's just an awesome game.

Games that I couldn't get but wish I had are Kirby64. Mario Kart64, Clay Fighter 63 1/3, Rogue Squadron, Turok 1/2, Vigilante 8, Wave Race 64., and Yoshi's Story.

Oh and just remembered Rampage: Universal Tour. That game got amazingly terrible reviews, but I loved it. Me and my bro could just play it ages, it had such repetitive gameplay but it was so fun lol. OMFG and Snowboard Kids!!! That was such a funny game, I preferred it to games like 1080 for some reason. Oh yea, StarFox 64, what a game, although it took me months to get the balls to go down the difficult route (when I found out that was the good ending I was kicking myself). And Worms Armeggedon.

Basically I'm stunned you guys found yourself stuck finding N64 games, absolutely stunned.

@ SeriousWB

I also owned a PC and Amiga at the time so this probably affected things. Games like Turok I rather played on the PC later on utilizing my ultra cool (at the time) 3DFX add-on graphics card ( I didn't think too much of GoldenEye unlike most others...). Mario Kart I liked like always, Banjo Kazooie was fun, just for me nothing came remotely close to Mario64. Mario 64 as a day one purchase set expectations pretty high for me.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

I own now 40 WII games. This is the largest collection for any system I have.

• Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree
  • Blazing Angels: Squadron of WWII
  • Call of Duty 3
  • Cooking Mama: Cook Off
  • Crash of the Titans
  • Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
  • Eledees
  • Exite Truck
  • Far Cry Vengeance
  • Gottlieb Pinball Classics
  • Harry Potter und der Orden des Phönix
  • Lego Star Wars: Die komplette Saga
  • Mario Strikers Charged Football
  • Medal of Honor Vanguard
  • Mercury Meltdown Revolution
  • Metal Slug Anthology
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
  • MySims
  • Need for Speed: Carbon
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids
  • Red Steel
  • Scarface: The World is Yours
  • Sonic und die geheimen Ringe
  • Spiderman 3
  • SSX Blur
  • Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
  • Super Paper Mario
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  • The Godfather: Blackhand Edition
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent
  • Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
  • Trauma Center: Second Opinon
  • Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
  • Wii Play
  • Wii Sports
  • World Series of Poker: Tournament of Champions

I played the most game till the ending screen. I think there will be 3-4 more games this year.

Year one for the Wii and it beats the N64, GC, and the GBA for number of games I own. Heck, even counting the games I own multiple copies of for the N64, Wii still has more games.

Personally i think the Wii will end up being the console with the highest personal attach rate for a lot of (oldschool)gamers by the end of the generation. 

Around the Network
Nintendownsmii said:

Year one for the Wii and it beats the N64, GC, and the GBA for number of games I own. Heck, even counting the games I own multiple copies of for the N64, Wii still has more games.

Personally i think the Wii will end up being the console with the highest personal attach rate for a lot of (oldschool)gamers by the end of the generation.

Well that's just smurfy.

I'm waiting for the software attach rate to catch up to the hardware attach rate myself.

routsounmanman said:

Nintendogs? New Super Mario Bros? Mario Kart DS? Castlevania? FFIII? errrr... Pony Friends??

Well if you are going to include FFIII and other SNES/NES (LTTP, SMW, SM3, etc) ports then yeah I guess it is the better than the SNES. 

I have about 25 games apiece for the NES, SNES, N64, DS, and PS2(may have closer to 30 PS2 games). There are still quite a few games for each system that I'd like to get. I have about 7 or 8 for the DreamCast and would like to get my hands on a few others(like Soul Calibur, Samba, etc). I have about 5 PS games, don't plan on getting any more of those. I think I have 18 X Box games, about the only one left that I want is Ninja Gaiden Black, but I have the original so it may not happen. I have about 35 GBA games and there are a handful of games that I would like to get for it. If you're counting original GB and GBC games, of which I have about 10 total, there are plenty of games out there there I would like to get. I have about 10 Genesis games and there are maybe 10 games left that I want for it.

By far my largest collection is on the Cube, standing at 80+ games. With bonus and demo discs, I have 90-ish. The Cube was my system of choice last gen(as are all Nintendo systems) and I was rolling in cash. Off the top of my head I can only think of one Cube game that I traded in, Star Wars: Bounty Hunter.

I have 12 Wii games so far. As broke as I have been this year, I'm surprised I have that many. I bought all of them myself except Super Paper Mario, which I got free from Nintendo. I think I have 8 VC games.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."