By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sean Malstrom vs Metroid fans: FIGHT!

Samus Aran said:
mhsillen said:
RolStoppable said:
As most of you know, I am a big Metroid fan who has played through most of the games at least ten times. I am with Malstrom on this one, because I don't see him attacking Metroid, but the weird obsession some people (including Sakamoto) have about rather irrelevant things.

I agree

Sakamoto wants to show Samus feminine side?

Please what is this MGS4 i just want to shoot not watch cut scenes

I am not flaming MGS I am just stating my opinion

Don't judge a game before it's out.

Retro studios also tried to make Samus hot with big boobs and blond hair. Yet no one complains about that?

I could care less on how she looks like, she's in a god damn suit when you play as her!

So according to Malstrom Metroid franchise is ruined? Ok, so every metroid game released since fusion sucked ass? Because that game ruined the franchise right?

His logic sucks.

His point is what games sell the most while maintaining high production values.  When I hear exploring her feminine side all I imagine are cutscenes. Malstrom is not stupid, you may not agree with him but his ideas are not throw away lines but well thought out ideas.

For example malstrom always wondered where the hell is a side scrolling Mario game for nintendos conoles.  We waited 20 years for myamoto to get off his ass and make one.  What does it do? Only outsell galaxy in a few weeks.  His point was valid, I wondered that also along with alot other people.  Don't get me wrong I love Galaxy but I love sidescrolling Maios.

So I am semi worried about the outcome. I don't want just what the game god wants, I want the game god to make what the customers want.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
As most of you know, I am a big Metroid fan who has played through most of the games at least ten times. I am with Malstrom on this one, because I don't see him attacking Metroid, but the weird obsession some people (including Sakamoto) have about rather irrelevant things.

I agree with this post, but I did like what little characterization Samus was given in Fusion. It wasn't a major part of it, but it was a nice touch, for me at least.

Samus Aran said:
mhsillen said:
RolStoppable said:

I agree

Retro studios also tried to make Samus hot with big boobs and blond hair. Yet no one complains about that?

Why would anyone in their right mind complain about that?

PhalanxCO said:
Samus Aran said:

Why would anyone in their right mind complain about that?

Did they really, though? There was a marked re-design in Samus between Metroid Prime and Prime 2, but i thought that Re-design was to bring her in line with her Zero Mission redesign.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Malstrom wins again.

Around the Network

Anyone who gets so worked up over stuff like that clearly spends too much time on games. I mean c'mon really? Going through all that just because of some apparent plot-holes and the stories of a game franchise that may or may ot fit together? Who cares. If that keeps up they're going to be just as messed up as these people who actually believe there's a coherent overall plot and chronology of the Zelda games, and who also think Nintendo themselves actually care about any of that. XD

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

This time Malstrom looks quite right. I could agree with some developers that a certain degree of linearity is necessary when they design a complex main quest/story with a rich narrative content, but this must be limited to the strict necessary for the main storyline coherence, not be an excuse to take away freedom and world openness.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I don't mind the telling the story of Samus at all. In fact, I applaud it.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

mhsillen said:
Samus Aran said:
mhsillen said:
RolStoppable said:

I agree

I could care less on how she looks like, she's in a god damn suit when you play as her!

So according to Malstrom Metroid franchise is ruined? Ok, so every metroid game released since fusion sucked ass? Because that game ruined the franchise right?

His logic sucks.

His point is what games sell the most while maintaining high production values. When I hear exploring her feminine side all I imagine are cutscenes. Malstrom is not stupid, you may not agree with him but his ideas are not throw away lines but well thought out ideas.

For example malstrom always wondered where the hell is a side scrolling Mario game for nintendos conoles. We waited 20 years for myamoto to get off his ass and make one. What does it do? Only outsell galaxy in a few weeks. His point was valid, I wondered that also along with alot other people. Don't get me wrong I love Galaxy but I love sidescrolling Maios.

So I am semi worried about the outcome. I don't want just what the game god wants, I want the game god to make what the customers want.

You don't have to be an Einstein to know a 2D Mario would out sell a 3D Mario...

Because he's right about 1 thing doesn't mean he's right about something else. That's a fallacy.

Like I said, don't judge a game before it's out. You don't have a valid point untill the game is out.

He's not even saying the game will suck, just that he's not pleased about what the guy is saying about the game, and that it's just likely the game will be bloated with plot over game.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs