By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - FF13 360 to use Bink for cutscenes,360 720p vs 1080p PS3 Cutscenes

Mass Effect 2 cutscenes look compressed to hell(the non in-game engine ones). Doesn't bother me any. I am not playing FF, just figured I'd throw in my two cents.

Around the Network
sm1thi said:
kowenicki said:
sm1thi said:

ps3 and 360 differences:

Whether you knew this or not, SE states that the audio and video on the Xbox 360 version will be compressed to fit on DVD, while the PS3 version will remain uncompressed and ship on a dual-layer Blu-Ray disc.

link: http://www.product-reviews.net/2009/12/09/final-fantasy-xiii-ps3-and-xbox-360-differences-announced/ 

aside from that it should look great on both consoles

How many times!?

It is NOT uncompressed on PS3

why would SE tell famitsu that it is if it isn't?

post a link to confirm that its compressed on ps3 coz i cant find one but can find loads saying that its uncompressed?

He doesn't need to, everyone knows uncompressed video takes wayyyy more space than 50GBs. This is just basic settings in this web form: http://web.forret.com/tools/video_fps.asp?depth=8&fps=25&height=1080&interlace=no&title=HD+(1080p)&width=1920

1 hour of uncompressed, 1080p video is roughly 521 GBs, and I didn't bother putting optimal stuff in there, I just did standard resolution of 1080p.

Still getting the 360 version.
1080p videos would be nice, but not really noticable on my 24'' monitor. I'd rather want to use my 360 controller and have achievements. (Not to mention that my brother would be really pissed if I don't get it for the 360)

@kowenicki
since when GTAIV looks better on 360? IGN clearly said it looks better on PS3

essentially the same game.

but if you want the version with sharper visuals, no disc swapping and a game you can stick in your collection to keep get the ps3 version.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

Im getting the superior version, the Xbox 360 version. Its superior because I can buy it used a couple of weeks after release for $40-45 USD, then split it 50:50 with my friend. We'll flip for who goes first and then once we're done with it, we'll sell it for $35-40 U.S.D. so my net contribution to playing the game is at worst $5. Thats what FFXIII is worth to me, $5. The Xbox 360 version will be cheaper and not maintain its value in the used market so then its all for the best.

Tease.

kowenicki said:
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:
kowenicki said:
btw did anyone buy Bayonetta, GTAIV or the dozens of other multiplats that look worse on PS3? Of course they did... and why shouldnt they?

And why shouldnt 360 fans that have a PS3 do the same?

Get over it...

You play it on your PS3 and enjoy it and I will play it on the 360... I guarantee the enjoyment will be no less for me.

i have played Bayonetta PS3 and only the loading times(which now can be fixed) was the desterbing problem i have fallen in love with bayonetta and i didn 't realise the framerate issues until i read some reviews the experience is that matters although no-one can say that 1080p equals 720p  ( some with an HD TV knows it very well)

no... someone wit a FULL HDTV knows there is a differnece...  hd tv's can be 720p.  Mine is fulll HD - 1080p at 46 inches... but so what.

see here

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/reply.php?thread=100422&quote=3134809

that 's the kind of defference it will likely have

The difference between 720p and 1080p is slight at best. And I work with both everyday at work.

JaggedSac said:
Mass Effect 2 cutscenes look compressed to hell(the non in-game engine ones). Doesn't bother me any. I am not playing FF, just figured I'd throw in my two cents.

All of ME2 is in engine. there is no CGI.

selnor said:
JaggedSac said:

All of ME2 is in engine. there is no CGI.

No, I am certain that several of the spaceship scenes were CG, and these are the ones I am talking about.  Especially the ones right after going through the Omega 4 relay.