By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - FF13 360 to use Bink for cutscenes,360 720p vs 1080p PS3 Cutscenes

JaggedSac said:
selnor said:
ctalkeb said:
selnor said:
JaggedSac said:
Mass Effect 2 cutscenes look compressed to hell(the non in-game engine ones). Doesn't bother me any. I am not playing FF, just figured I'd throw in my two cents.

All of ME2 is in engine. there is no CGI.

Bink video is in the end credits of the game.

Personally, I think the video sequences were done using the ingame models, but with better lightning/effects. They're pretty obvious if you now what to look for.

Not that you should care, it's a fantastic game.

Bink Video doesn't meam CGI. Halo 3 ODST and FM3 has that symbol on the box. Obviously we all know those 2 have no cgi. ME2 is the same. Just enhanced cutscene in engine.

The opening cinematic in Forza 3 is a video.  The assets might be in-game assets, but they are not being rendered real time.

Um that isn't CGI though. It's enhanced ingmae cutscenes. Basically extra effects. It's the exact same as the replays.

But like I said Bink does not mean CGI.

The games I posted above all have Bink on the box in my collection.

Again

BIA HH

ME1

AITD

RSV

PDZ

All have NO CGI at all. Yet have Bink logo. Now their is a ME2 CGI trailer. Thats CGI Mass Effect.

Around the Network
selnor said:
JaggedSac said:

The opening cinematic in Forza 3 is a video.  The assets might be in-game assets, but they are not being rendered real time.

Um that isn't CGI though. It's enhanced ingmae cutscenes. Basically extra effects. It's the exact same as the replays.

Dude, no.  I can see the compression artifacts. 

Wagram said:
There was CGI in Mass Effect 2. A bunch of them in fact. That was not all in-game.

When and where? This is one of those times I wish texture pop in still existed in ME2. Now it's gone people claim it has CGI. LOL. Great thing about ME1 ( which uses Bink Video ) was the texture popin all the way through proved it was ingame. I guess it looks to good for some people. Bioware can take that as a compliment. There is a CGI trailer of ME2. ME2 in any of it's cutscenes does not look that good. ME2 definately has no CGI.

JaggedSac said:
selnor said:
JaggedSac said:

Dude, no.  I can see the compression artifacts. 

Dude theres some videos made by users which you can buy on the online store. You should view them. They have been made to look like the intro movie. Some you cant even tell a difference. Replay video versus intro. So yeah it may use Bink for compressing it. But the assests are identical. My point was no CGI. And it isnt.

Right when you start the suicide mission there are cut-scenes. As you travel in the game there are cutscenes. They aren't all that long and all but they are in the game.

Around the Network

It is not like this is a bad thing though. The game looked good with them. They were a bit darker though. :/

Wagram said:
It is not like this is a bad thing though. The game looked good with them. They were a bit darker though. :/

My point though, is that is not CGI. It's enhanced game engine.

This is CGI in ME2. It's a trailer in CGI. None of ME2 cutscenes looked quite this good. Not one single cutscene in ME2 are CGI like this. Fact. Look at the difference.

Dude, most of the Normandy space/landing scenes are CG. 100% certain. It is off topic though so I will stop discussing, starting....now.

JaggedSac said:
Dude, most of the Normandy space/landing scenes are CG. 100% certain. It is off topic though so I will stop discussing, starting....now.

They cant be. I have seen 3 texture pop ins in my playthrough, and 2 clipping issues. 2 of these were during Space scenes and landing scenes. You dont get that from CGI.

selnor said:
Wagram said:
There was CGI in Mass Effect 2. A bunch of them in fact. That was not all in-game.

When and where? This is one of those times I wish texture pop in still existed in ME2. Now it's gone people claim it has CGI. LOL. Great thing about ME1 ( which uses Bink Video ) was the texture popin all the way through proved it was ingame. I guess it looks to good for some people. Bioware can take that as a compliment. There is a CGI trailer of ME2. ME2 in any of it's cutscenes does not look that good. ME2 definately has no CGI.

Selnor, you're wrong.  The ship landing sequence on Omega is clearly a video, not ingame engine.  There are others as well but that's the first example that comes to mind.