By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - FF13 360 to use Bink for cutscenes,360 720p vs 1080p PS3 Cutscenes

augustoaag said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

The back of the box for the Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII has revealed that the 360 version of the game will utilize Bink video, likely for compression of the game's many cutscenes.

The Bink Video logo is displayed clearly on the back of the box. Bink have special video tools designed for the Xbox 360 and they have been used in RPGs such as Borderlands, Mass Effect and Square Enix's The Last Remnant. The Japanese PS3 version of FF13 did not use Bink.

The Bink webpage indicates that the codec will show 720p video. The Japanese PS3 version of the game had the game's 40+ minutes of FMV encoded at uncompressed 1080p.

US retailer GameStop released the image of the back of the box, which also suggested the game will have Downloadable Content.

http://www.uffsite.net/news/354/ff13-360-to-use-bink-for-cutscene-compression.html

This shows the power of blue ray: will it have a 22 minutes 5GB installation like bioshock?

I have the Japanese Version of FFXIII and there is no install and the save files are 445MB.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Around the Network
hikaruchan said:
augustoaag said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

The back of the box for the Xbox 360 version of Final Fantasy XIII has revealed that the 360 version of the game will utilize Bink video, likely for compression of the game's many cutscenes.

The Bink Video logo is displayed clearly on the back of the box. Bink have special video tools designed for the Xbox 360 and they have been used in RPGs such as Borderlands, Mass Effect and Square Enix's The Last Remnant. The Japanese PS3 version of FF13 did not use Bink.

The Bink webpage indicates that the codec will show 720p video. The Japanese PS3 version of the game had the game's 40+ minutes of FMV encoded at uncompressed 1080p.

US retailer GameStop released the image of the back of the box, which also suggested the game will have Downloadable Content.

http://www.uffsite.net/news/354/ff13-360-to-use-bink-for-cutscene-compression.html

This shows the power of blue ray: will it have a 22 minutes 5GB installation like bioshock?

I have the Japanese Version of FFXIII and there is no install and the save files are 445MB.

445MB? 

Or do you mean 4.45MB?

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Legend11 said:

The amount of bitter tears as a result of this game going multiplatform is amazing.  It's like some Sony fanboys die a little inside every time someone says they're going to buy the 360 version of the game.  What's even more funny is that this thread is based on an obviously bullshit claim (uncompressed 1080P video) when it's likely that the difference will be so small that the vast majority of people would have trouble seeing it even if it was pointed out to them.

Uh.. I could care less about JRPGs and their cheesy stories and poor battle systems...

just pointing out that theres little reason to buy the 360 version if you also own a PS3 unless you're an achievement hunter...soo I donno what exactly you're talking about cz this going multi thing is sooo E3 2008

Tanstalas said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Tanstalas said:
Masakari said:
In other words, it only matters to someone with a full HD big screen tv.

Still, good stuff for PS3 owners, and expected, really, it's one of the few ways to take advantage of the BR space.

Usually only matters if:

a)You are sitting less than 1.5 times the diagonal measurement of your TV
b)Your TV is 55 inches or greater 

its 40 inches or greater not 55 inches

Here is a good article for you

When I said 55" or greater, I was referring to sitting at the appropriate 1.5 times the diagonal measurement of your TV, so in this case as seen from the graph, look at where a 55" TV is and look up on the graph.  With a 55" TV you "should" sit 82.5" away (or 6.875 feet away) which is fine as your eyes can "get" the 1080p image.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/280526/what-size-tv-does-1080p-really-matter-with

got ur point but any tv over 40 inches can make a difference between 720p and 1080p easily.

Really, who cares? I mean most people aren't going to notice the difference. It was already proven in multiple studies (look around google) that depending on how far you sit away from the TV that you will start to actually notice the 1080p difference.

Wheres the person to make a topic: Mass Effect 1+2... still not on the PS3! See, thats not very nice isn't it? But knowing we are getting 720p when it shouldn't really matter, but it *does* to certain individuals. This is pretty much flame bait.

I could just imagine the several thousand pre-orders dropping for the 360 version with this news... not.

It's just that simple.

Around the Network

Old news, typical PS3 fans trolling the 360 yawn.

Hero_time88 said:
kowenicki said:

Yep still 360....

my favoured console, my favoured controller and my favoured tally (achievements over trophies) why does this offend people....? it really is none of your business.

Okay, your lose.

How is it a loss? It's practically the same game.

selnor said:
Hero_time88 said:
kowenicki said:

Yep still 360....

my favoured console, my favoured controller and my favoured tally (achievements over trophies) why does this offend people....? it really is none of your business.

Okay, your lose.

Nope it isn't, you guy's get the inferior version.

Live with it.

Hero_time88 said:
selnor said:
Hero_time88 said:
kowenicki said:

Yep still 360....

Okay, your lose.

Nope it isn't, you guy's get the inferior version.

Live with it.

Yeah granted. But according to IGN everything is identical apart from a slight extra sharpness on PS3. If that is somehow that I'm losing, even though I'll never notice a difference. Then I guess I should commit suicide. The same game. Same graphics. I'll enjoy it just as much thanks.

ps3 and 360 differences:

Whether you knew this or not, SE states that the audio and video on the Xbox 360 version will be compressed to fit on DVD, while the PS3 version will remain uncompressed and ship on a dual-layer Blu-Ray disc.

link: http://www.product-reviews.net/2009/12/09/final-fantasy-xiii-ps3-and-xbox-360-differences-announced/ 

aside from that it should look great on both consoles