By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - FF13 360 to use Bink for cutscenes,360 720p vs 1080p PS3 Cutscenes

wow i can't believe anyone would care honestly. The differences are so small and people are making them sound so big.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
suoturska said:
40 minutes of uncompressed 1080p video with 24-bit colour at 30 fps is a little bit over 417 GB of data. I can assure you that the PS3 version does not have uncompressed FMV.

This.

Do people actually think Blu-ray movies are uncompressed?  Do people know what a codec is? 

I'm getting the 360 version because I'd be getting it for free :D. My friend that works in a video game store near my house is gonna get it (a little bit early I might add) so when he's done with CD 1, ima borrow it, and keep doing that until we both finish :D. Now I can't really be disappointed in the game if I spend no money on it (well I'm still disappointed from what I've heard but, not as much).

XxXProphecyXxX said:
^^360 owners also makes me laugh, specially when they give a huge uproar about multiplatform games with super small difference that favourse their little 360 but now in this case the difference dont matter all of a sudden.

thats becuz ps3 owners r saying theres no reason for ps360 to get the 360 ver since the ps3 ver looks better. when most over multiplats r better on 360 it dont matter now theres one better on the ps3 it does

FMVs are stupid anyways, game devs are trying to move away from them. There are a lot of reasons why they are bad ideas.

Around the Network

The amount of bitter tears as a result of this game going multiplatform is amazing.  It's like some Sony fanboys die a little inside every time someone says they're going to buy the 360 version of the game.  What's even more funny is that this thread is based on an obviously bullshit claim (uncompressed 1080P video) when it's likely that the difference will be so small that the vast majority of people would have trouble seeing it even if it was pointed out to them.

XxXProphecyXxX said:
^^360 owners also makes me laugh, specially when they give a huge uproar about multiplatform games with super small difference that favourse their little 360 but now in this case the difference dont matter all of a sudden.

Some do it to get a rise while others do it to show that the supposed massive gap in power between the 360 and PS3 that some people seem to believe is a joke.  Especially when some people claimed it wasn't possible to make HD games without Blu-Ray.  If the difference is really as great as some people believe it would be like comparing PC versions of games to their console counterparts or at the very least the PS3 would always be able to trump the 360 version regardless of which is the lead platform.

It is true that the 360 version is going to have four discs?!?

I Hate the fact that all these pillows are contaminated by retard!!

Masakari said:
In other words, it only matters to someone with a full HD big screen tv.

Still, good stuff for PS3 owners, and expected, really, it's one of the few ways to take advantage of the BR space.

Usually only matters if:

a)You are sitting less than 1.5 times the diagonal measurement of your TV
b)Your TV is 55 inches or greater 

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

SnakeEyez said:
I'm getting the 360 version because I'd be getting it for free :D. My friend that works in a video game store near my house is gonna get it (a little bit early I might add) so when he's done with CD 1, ima borrow it, and keep doing that until we both finish :D. Now I can't really be disappointed in the game if I spend no money on it (well I'm still disappointed from what I've heard but, not as much).

Going to laugh my ass off if there is a part on disc 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9 that asks you to insert a previous DVD :)

(And yes I think it will be 9 discs as if Squeenix "filled" the Blu-ray disc and there was "no room" left to put the Japanese dubs on it then it would be sitting at probably 50 GB)

We will see :)

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos