By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - FF13 360 to use Bink for cutscenes,360 720p vs 1080p PS3 Cutscenes

Solid_Snake4RD said:

The Japanese PS3 version of the game had the game's 40+ minutes of FMV encoded at uncompressed 1080p.

LOL, do you guys remember the FFXIII mockups for 360 with 10 discs deep packaging? That's close to what would be needed for the PS3 version to have uncompressed 1080p video. That or one of those experimental 400GB Blu-Ray disc.

Either way I really would like to see some source for that ludicrous claim.

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

Around the Network

Still looks like the PS3 version is the "Definitive " version

March 8th... All mine.

Not a big deal at all.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

I'm not as excited for FF13 as I once was, but I still think it's going to be pretty good.

KillerMan said:

If you own 1080p capable TV (especially bigger one) you can definitely see difference between 1080p and 720p resolutions. Too bad that mine is 720p only. =/

Only if your TV is 40+ inches in size...

Around the Network
Cr33py P3rv said:
KillerMan said:

If you own 1080p capable TV (especially bigger one) you can definitely see difference between 1080p and 720p resolutions. Too bad that mine is 720p only. =/

Only if your TV is 40+ inches in size...

It also depends how close to your tv you play. In my case I have pretty small room so I would definetely benefit from 1080p cabaple tv. Too bad that they were so expensive about two years ago.

lol ps3 owners make me laugh

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER

^^360 owners also makes me laugh, specially when they give a huge uproar about multiplatform games with super small difference that favourse their little 360 but now in this case the difference dont matter all of a sudden.

Hero_time88 said:
kowenicki said:

Yep still 360....

my favoured console, my favoured controller and my favoured tally (achievements over trophies) why does this offend people....? it really is none of your business.

Okay, your lose.

that's ingrish for ya.

..... Anyway, I could care less. For those who want the game on the 360 for xbox live, Achievements and stuff, it's a non factor, really. The only thing average people are going to notice a difference in are trophies/achievements, and controllers.  And those differences are in every HD multiplatform game.

Is the PS version superior? Undoubtedly. But this isn't something like Bayonetta, where the differences majorly affect gameplay and even make the game look like ass. FF13 is going to look good on both systems, as hard as it is for me to admit. Me being a JRPG hater and all. Seriously, the cutscenes may not look like avatar, but they look pretty sweet.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

So both are 720p gameplay but ps3 is 1080p in cutscenes?
Seems like Square enix did a great job on the port if there is practically no difference between the versions. I would say just go with whichever controller you prefer. Maybe if you have a large tv that can do 1080p then go for the ps3 version.

The Ps3 version is definetly the better version but the gameplay is identical and graphics are identical. It's only resolution that is different. So if you've got a tv that can't do 1080p then the games are exactly the same. That's a good port.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.