By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN Reviews Assassins Creed!

ckmlb said:
carlos710 said:
ckmlb said:
@afree-account: so pretty much every future PS3 game is gonna be crap, amirite?

He never said any game was going to be crap. Reading FTW.

Oh yes, he didn't imply it at all by associating those games with a disappointing AC and the possibility of Uncharted disappointing... he was listing a bunch of PS3 games out of the blue. Also, might wanna update your PS3 hate list there afree because half those games are out already. By the way Carlos, Lionhead Studios, the makers of Black and White are owned by MS now, why would they make a sequel on the Wii?

Cause Black and White sucked and they want to further perpetrate the myth that the Wii doesn't have any good games.

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
carlos710 said:
ckmlb said:
@afree-account: so pretty much every future PS3 game is gonna be crap, amirite?

He never said any game was going to be crap. Reading FTW.

Oh yes, he didn't imply it at all by associating those games with a disappointing AC and the possibility of Uncharted disappointing... he was listing a bunch of PS3 games out of the blue. Also, might wanna update your PS3 hate list there afree because half those games are out already. By the way Carlos, Lionhead Studios, the makers of Black and White are owned by MS now, why would they make a sequel on the Wii?

Cause Black and White sucked and they want to further perpetrate the myth that the Wii doesn't have any good games.

ssj12 said:

@afree - wtf man half those games you listed are already out. At least if your going to list "whats next" completely randomly try to name games that arent already out and list only games that are "next."

@cklmb & ssj12

I was being sarcastic, cause KGB29 seems to hype all coming ps3 exclusives as the next goty!

I don't think all ps3 games are crap.

But they aren't all goty candidates either!

The truth is, even though the grfx all got shiny and brighter, the gameplay hasn't.

p.s.

i didn't quote these games out of the blue.

I took them out of KBG29's sig, to emphasize his pointless goty/ps3 listing behaviour. 

I knew well before this game was finished it would disappoint many. Combat is clunky, the finishing moves often put you through walls, and it looks repetitive.

I'll take the case!!!

sinha said:

"Assassin's Creed could easily have been one of the best games of 2007. It is, without question, impressive on several fronts. But developer Ubisoft Montreal took some major missteps along the way and squandered the immense potential of its pseudo-stealth action title. A bad story, repetitive gameplay elements, and poor AI all lead to one of the most disappointing games in recent memory. Assassin's Creed should have been one of the great games of this generation. Instead, it turned into just another action title."

I think placing the game as one of the most disappointing games in recent history is just a little bit extreme.  The game isn't bad, it's just not as good as it was hyped up to be.  If that makes for the most disappointing game in recent history, well, we've had a lot of disappointments.

Around the Network

Ah, I was wondering why you listed LA Noire twice... it appears in KBG29's sig twice!

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

cause im not smarter than the average ps3 fanboy ^_^

twesterm said:
sinha said:

"Assassin's Creed could easily have been one of the best games of 2007. It is, without question, impressive on several fronts. But developer Ubisoft Montreal took some major missteps along the way and squandered the immense potential of its pseudo-stealth action title. A bad story, repetitive gameplay elements, and poor AI all lead to one of the most disappointing games in recent memory. Assassin's Creed should have been one of the great games of this generation. Instead, it turned into just another action title."

I think placing the game as one of the most disappointing games in recent history is just a little bit extreme. The game isn't bad, it's just not as good as it was hyped up to be. If that makes for the most disappointing game in recent history, well, we've had a lot of disappointments.

I agree.  This seems like a low to mid-80s game.  Sure it looks like it could have been a mid-90s GOTY type game, but 10-15 points below expectations hardly qualifies as one of the most disappointing games in recent memory.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

This game is definetly a disappointment, much like Heavenly Sword was.

Well, i was wondering if the score that gamepro gave ( a 5.0) was reliable. Seems that it must certainly isn't. They should change that score system, seriously.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting.