By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN Reviews Assassins Creed!

I always read reviews from all the sites, that way you get different points of view. People should actually read the reviews rather than just look at the score. I do tend to trust gamtrailers reviews the most though, they gave it a 9.1. That's a great score and I will be getting this game.

People see a 7 and they instantly decide that they won't be getting the game any more, at least rent it and see if you like it.

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

Around the Network

Well WiiRHardcore I trust gametrailers as well and their review turned me off to the game completely. They repeatedly criticized it. Here are just a few things they said:

It's linear, the combat sucks, it's repetitive, it's only 12-15 hours, and it has no replay value. The score was high, but the review was not positive at all.

double post

mixed reviews,
seems you either like it or you dont
Its weird cause all the sites are contradicting themselves
Gametrailers praised alot of the storyline, IGN didnt. Rather weird.

Also naz they didnt say it like that, they put it in much softer terms such as that the combat can get repitive after a while, and its not quite the sandbox game it was cut out to be, but still have plenty to do.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Lost tears of Kain said:
mixed reviews,
seems you either like it or you dont
Its weird cause all the sites are contradicting themselves
Gametrailers praised alot of the storyline, IGN didnt. Rather weird.

Also naz they didnt say it like that, they put it in much softer terms such as that the combat can get repitive after a while, and its not quite the sandbox game it was cut out to be, but still have plenty to do.

Right, they didn't say they didn't like it, but the complaints were major.  It's also not just the combat that they said was repetitive.  According to Gametrailers (and IGN and 1UP) you repeat the same few tasks 9 times and then the game is over.  There isn't much if any diversity in assassination missions.  They also didn't just call the combat repetitive.  They called it simple, easy, and the AI "idiotic" to use their words.  Honestly the review was not positive about anything except the visuals and physics.

Around the Network
naznatips said:

They called it simple, easy, and the AI "idiotic" to use their words. 

They did more than call the AI idiotic, they pretty much show blatant examples where one mode makes your more or less invisible to everything.

meristation just gave the game a 9.6 .....this is just another IGN debacle

by the way...if the ps3 games would stop being reviewed by the 360 crew(hillary goldstein etc)maybe they would stop seeing framerate problems that no other site sees.