By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN Reviews Assassins Creed!

Damn. I preordered the thing -- full payment and everything. Oh well.

Around the Network
sinha said:
 I agree.  This seems like a low to mid-80s game.  Sure it looks like it could have been a mid-90s GOTY type game, but 10-15 points below expectations hardly qualifies as one of the most disappointing games in recent memory.

IGN's video reviewer called it one of the 5 most disappointing games ever. =/

i still might get it

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Just no pre-empt any potential zackblue / leo-j idiocy...

IGN:

"These big open worlds, which are fully interactive, do come at a severe cost on PS3. There is considerable texture pop-in and noticeable framerate issues. Playing back-to-back with the 360 version, it's obvious that Ubisoft did not devote enough resources to the PS3 edition. The framerate is considerably worse, so much so that it begins to affect gameplay in the later levels. You can get through the first two-thirds of Assassin with the framerate being just an annoyance, but it becomes more of an issue for the final third of the missions."

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

8 for assasins creed is still good, and besides 39.99 price first week couldn't hurt me, i will buy it tomorrow

Around the Network

@ Soriku

Chill, I was just saying it was a disappointment like HS. I never had any intention on buying it but if it had been reviewed higher, I may have considered it once I buy a PS3

This just keeps getting weirder and weirder. Gamespot gives it a 9.0?!?!? How is that? How are some people praising things that other people hate. This is such a weirdly reviewed game.

Hmm, strange indeed. I guess it all revolves around how (un)forgiving the reviewer is of the game shortcomings and how it all weighs towards the overall enjoyment of the title.

No foreign sky protected me,
No stranger's wing shielded my face.
I stand as witness to the common lot,
survivor of that time, that place.

- From 'Requiem' by Anna Akhmatova

Gamespot didn't mention any of the negatives that 4 other credible reviewers (Gametrailers, IGN, 1UP, and GameSpy) mentioned. The Gametrailers review was actually quite negative. If I had just listened to the review I would have guessed they scored it no higher than an 8.

this game has been gettin different reviews from all the sites