By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN Reviews Assassins Creed!

AC seems cool. It reminds me of GTA3. I'd likely just complete a few of the missions and mostly play the game for the sandbox feel it offers. Yes, I'd play it like a casual game, but don't get too mad at me, because it sounds like that is the only thing AC is good at, anyway.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Around the Network

@afree-account: so pretty much every future PS3 game is gonna be crap, amirite?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:

He never said any game was going to be crap. Reading FTW.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

twesterm said:
KBG29 said:
If it is a bomb I do have the GOTY coming the next week in the form of Uncharted.

Uncharted is good but it isn't that good. I would go as far to say it's the best exclusive PS3 game but I wouldn't go any further than that.

we have yet to see since IGN on their podcast said the game is awesome. But R&C is also high up there and has a chance. 

@afree - wtf man half those games you listed are already out. At least if your going to list "whats next" completely randomly try to name games that arent already out and list only games that are "next."

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Plot twist 1UP revealed, and IGN hated but wouldn't reveal is what I find perplexing. I guess it'll depend on the presentation, but it sounds like a completely seperate detracting layer, but I guess untill I play it, I won't know. Or at least untill I get off work and talk to my friend who has had pre-ordered for a while now.

Around the Network
carlos710 said:
ckmlb said:

He never said any game was going to be crap. Reading FTW.

Oh yes, he didn't imply it at all by associating those games with a disappointing AC and the possibility of Uncharted disappointing... he was listing a bunch of PS3 games out of the blue. Also, might wanna update your PS3 hate list there afree because half those games are out already. By the way Carlos, Lionhead Studios, the makers of Black and White are owned by MS now, why would they make a sequel on the Wii?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ssj12 said:
twesterm said:
KBG29 said:
If it is a bomb I do have the GOTY coming the next week in the form of Uncharted.

Uncharted is good but it isn't that good. I would go as far to say it's the best exclusive PS3 game but I wouldn't go any further than that.

we have yet to see since IGN on their podcast said the game is awesome. But R&C is also high up there and has a chance.

@afree - wtf man half those games you listed are already out. At least if your going to list "whats next" completely randomly try to name games that arent already out and list only games that are "next."

Uncharted very well could be awesome but, especially in a year like this, a game needs to be a lot more than just awesome to be GotY. I do agree that Uncharted was pretty good and even with my complaints I did like the demo, I'm just saying in a year like this it doesn't have a chance at GotY. That isn't something anyone should take offense to since there are quite a few games that fit into that category. This is just an awesome year for gaming and great games are just going to be overlooked because of the better games.

planetxbox360 gave this game a 6.7 I fear the final score of IGN is gonna be similar to 1Up's score.

http://www.planetxbox360.com/index.php/articledetails/show/3035

IGN gave it a 7.5 PS3

7.7 on the 360

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/834/834770p1.html

I'll take the case!!!

I gotta give props to EGM. In thir last issue, they did a whole spiel about how they weren't that impressed with Assassin's creed. It seems even in a preview, they might have called this one. The high scores might just be from a hype mobile