By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN Reviews Assassins Creed!

Don't get too excited. Assassin's Creed was reviewed by IGN and while it did not give a score at the end (Says it will be posted later), it does not look god.  Apparently, the game is flawed because you're tasked with doing menial tasks, and he said that eavesdropping sucks, and the story is flawed because you play as two characters and it makes no sense, and you many not even wantt to finish the game.  There was no number given, but given that he was that pessamistic, I'd say he's' probably gonna give it somewhere between a 7.0-8.0.

EDIT - IGN HAS GIVEN ASSASSINS CREED A........................  7.7/10...  Guess 1up wasn't too far off.

SUPER EDIT - GAMESPOT HAS GIVEN ASSASSINS CREED A.............9.0/10  This is the most weirdly reviewed game ever.

Gamespot actually praises the Story(While 1up and IGN don't) and they call the framerate issues and graphical glitches (clipping, texture tearing, etc.) minor.  It's also praised for it's gameplay which to IGN was repetitive...  I wonder how this happened 

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/assassinscreed/review.html?sid=6182793&tag=topslot;title;2&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot

Around the Network

Aye, the complaints sound similar to 1Up who gave it in the 70s

^^^^ Yeah, so I guess 1up wasn't that wrong.

AC no longer in the running for GOTY confirmed

This is going to be interesting. Gameinformer gave it a 9.5, and 1up gives it a 7. The last game to get kick around like this was Lair and it was very much closer to the 8 from Gameinformer IMO. Hopefully they are right again this time because, I have been very interested in this game for a while. After for years of development by one of the best 3rd party teams in the industry I don't see this one bombing. If it is a bomb I do have the GOTY coming the next week in the form of Uncharted.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

KBG29 - You better hope it's nothing like Lair. Lair was a fun game that was incomplete and more flawed than a diamond made by Superman crushing coal. Liking lair is Kinda like liking this really hot girl. Sure, she's mentally retarded, has 6 std's, will break down and cry every 5 minutes for no apparant reason, has 3 kids, and will stalk you or threaten to kill herself the second you say anything she doesn't like, but man, she's fun and hot! Eventually the issues override the fun. To most people.

Here's hoping Assassins Creed is deserving of the 9's, and not the 7's..... or that there's no more nonsensical comparisons to Lair's 3's and 8's.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

KBG29 said:
This is going to be interesting. Gameinformer gave it a 9.5, and 1up gives it a 7. The last game to get kick around like this was Lair and it was very much closer to the 8 from Gameinformer IMO. Hopefully they are right again this time because, I have been very interested in this game for a while. After for years of development by one of the best 3rd party teams in the industry I don't see this one bombing. If it is a bomb I do have the GOTY coming the next week in the form of Uncharted.

No, layer was very different. It got a few random high reviews, 3 total reviews above 80, but it was pretty much universally agreed upon that it was just bad. As for Assassin's Creed, the complains I've seen in the IGN and 1UP reviews match with people I know that have played the game already. Personally, I think they game is going to end up right around 80, maybe a few points above (by far not a bad game).

KBG29 said:
..... If it is a bomb I do have the GOTY coming the next week in the form of Uncharted.

@KBG29:

And what comes after unchartered ?

It might disappoint too!

Let me have a guess, one of these lol:

....Little Big Planet, Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, Gran Turismo 5, Infamous, Folklore, Eyedentify, Wipeout HD, Socom Comfrontation, The Getaway, Heavy Rain, Wardevil, NBA, Tekken 6, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Vs XIII, LA Noire, God of War 3, Calling All Cars,  Everyday Shooter, Blast Factor, Pain, Flow, Super Stardust, Jak 5, Haze, MGO, LA Norie,
The Agency, Wheel of Furtune, Pain, FLOwer, Go Ski, Super Ruba dub, Nucleus, Grip Shift

@topic:

Seems like AC is mostly eyecandy with solid but not perfect gameplay.

It's much like Heavenly Sword!

typical of UBISoft, gthat concerned on getting every game out on every platform these days quality gives way for quantity and meeting 2007 deadline.

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

KBG29 said:
If it is a bomb I do have the GOTY coming the next week in the form of Uncharted.

Uncharted is good but it isn't that good. I would go as far to say it's the best exclusive PS3 game but I wouldn't go any further than that.