By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Grinder Goes Multiplatform

Mr Khan said:
theRepublic said:
Delayed a year!?!? There goes most of my interest. The Wii version better have everything the other versions do, otherwise this game is going to fall off my radar completely.

That's the prime issue. The game is going to end up with more features on other consoles, inevitably. That combined with the fact that it's now going to compete with the launch titles for the *next* Nintendo system...

You think the next Nintendo console is going to come out around then?  I think 2012 is more likely, but if you are right, this game is screwed.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

I see this turning out very poorly for High Voltage Software ...

Very experienced, well managed, high quality studios have run into troubles trying to produce games on the scale that is required to be successful on the HD consoles; and I don’t really see High Voltage being able to excel taking the same approach that destroyed Factor 5 and Free Radical. Basically, it is highly likely that if High Voltage tries to push the limits of the capabilities of the HD consoles the game may become an expensive and unplayable mess.

There is a chance that they could do something clever though, where they (essentially) treat the HD consoles like a PC developer treats new hardware; and by that I mean they design the game around the Wii keeping budgets and the scope of the development at a familiar level, and they have a somewhat higher detail version of the game running at higher resolutions with a better frame rate on the HD consoles.

Either approach they take will likely limit their potential sales to under 1 Million units, but if they take the second approach they will likely make money with those sales.

Actually I am much less likely to buy this game now since there wont be as much of a focus on the Wii console, I believe you either have it Wiisclusive or HD exclusive and when you try all three especially from a dev that hasnt proven* (according to me) itself the different versions suffer to a degree. But obviously I would still look at it.

"Like you know"

Here is what I read: "We got halfway through the game and then decided that we wanted to go multi-platform. We could have released the game for Wii this year, but we're going to postpone it because we have to start from scratch to bring it to the other platforms."

Hope it releases before the next generation of consoles come out :p.

Well, anyway, im buying it on the Wii.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
Around the Network

That sucks... the delayed part. They should just launch the wii version this year, and the other versions next year.

Multiplatform........don't care, but call me back in a year and a half when we are going to get some idea about what the game is actually like.