By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Grinder Goes Multiplatform

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
Damn. In multi-platform development, the wii always loses out. Not by graphics, but by a lack of dedication.

I'm not sure it's a good move. Being a wii-exclusive made it stand out. And you didn't have much competition. HVS can't go up against Valve.

That's only because other ports are ports TO the wii. This is a port FROM the Wii. So its Wii build won't sacrifice. This is also why its not coming out until 2011 as they need that time to basically build up to the HD version.

Around the Network

Finally third parties are starting to support the hd twins
It was about time damn it

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Sherlock99 said:
famousringo said:
That certainly explains why it's going to take them almost an extra year to make it. Means the Wii version should be pretty polished by the time they have the HD assets ready.

Furthermore, PS360 motion controls should have been available for quite some time, so hopefully the gameplay won't take a hit for the sake of those platforms (I'm looking at you, WM+ support).

I doubt it i wouldn't be surprised if the wii version turns out to a cheap broken port with  no effort.

Ummm, the project started with the Wii. They've invested many months of work on this as a Wii exclusive. The teaser trailer they just released is the Wii version, not the HD version. An finally, by release date the HD consoles should be more or less caught up to the Wii's interface.

I would even go so far as to say that the Wii is the lead platform for this title.

I see no reason to be pessimistic about the Wii version of this title, other than the fact that it's a looooong way off now.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
That certainly explains why it's going to take them almost an extra year to make it. Means the Wii version should be pretty polished by the time they have the HD assets ready.

Furthermore, PS360 motion controls should have been available for quite some time, so hopefully the gameplay won't take a hit for the sake of those platforms (I'm looking at you, WM+ support).

Hmm, you think this could be a Natal/Arc game? That would actually make this a bit more sensible, even if just one or the other takes off. Sega might be planning to try and be the first with a FPS on Natal and Arc, and using their newfound relationship with HVS to do it.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Why can't H.V.S be complete Douche bags like Activision and put the Grinder on Wii in 2010 and put it on PS3/360 2 years later in 2012? I mean its only fair.

Around the Network

My 2 cents:

I believe HVS is trying to save (early) face for the upcoming debacle that is Tournament of Legends.

Making a game that will cater to the HD twins seems like a logical idea, I would not be surprised to see them scrap the Wii version, thus the long release date. Probably going to have to rebuild from scratch.

Carl2291 said:
Demotruk said:
Carl2291 said:
Great to see 3rd parties showing support to PS3 and 360 as well as Wii!

You're being as transparent as glass.

I have no idea at all what you are talking about. Honest.

being an ass about it just makes it even more transparent then it allready was.

If they can make it work on all consoles then good for them and they should defently go for it.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

vaio said:
Carl2291 said:
Demotruk said:
Carl2291 said:

If they can make it work on all consoles then good for them and they should defently go for it.

How was i being an ass?

It's nice to see developers giving the HD twins some attention.

Carl2291 said:
vaio said:
Carl2291 said:
Demotruk said:
Carl2291 said:

How was i being an ass?

being an ass taking jabs at wii like a troll

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

vaio said:
Carl2291 said:
vaio said:
Carl2291 said:
Demotruk said:
Carl2291 said:

How was i being an ass?

being an ass taking jabs at wii like a troll

How did i take a jab at the Wii?

Is it so bad to support the HD consoles, and cheer when they gain new developers? In a thread about a multiplat game?