By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Now that ME2 has settled around a 96 on meta, do you think it will be GOTY?

Now that ME2 has settled around a 96 on meta, do you think it will be GOTY?

Definitely 70 23.89%

Maybe 140 47.78%

Unsure 21 7.17%

Not likely 45 15.36%

No, thats impossible 17 5.80%

Total:293
CGI-Quality said:
huaxiong90 said:
selnor said:
The chance of 2 games in 1 year scoring 96+ on metacritic is very low. Based on pure reviews across the board it should walk away with more than Halo 3's 149 GOTY's. Who knows. It deserves it. It is the toughest year yet for releases. 2007 was quite tough. 2008 wasnt to bad. 2009 was a poor year for games in terms of potential GOTY. But 2010 has loads of games that could get GOTY. Whether any of the games get above a 96 meta is a small chance. We shall see I guess.

If you're taking the PS3 or Wii or 360 into account...you can't be further from the truth.

Fixed.

Fixed again.

I thought all 3 had horrible years comparative to past years.  So I guess if you want to believe one still had a good year, then they all still did

Around the Network

Mass Effect 2 is awesome. Its the best RPG this gen, yes that includes JRPG.

Garnett said:
Mass Effect 2 is awesome. Its the best RPG this gen, yes that includes JRPG.

It is hardly RPG. Great game still though.

CGI-Quality said:
nightsurge said:
CGI-Quality said:
huaxiong90 said:
selnor said:
The chance of 2 games in 1 year scoring 96+ on metacritic is very low. Based on pure reviews across the board it should walk away with more than Halo 3's 149 GOTY's. Who knows. It deserves it. It is the toughest year yet for releases. 2007 was quite tough. 2008 wasnt to bad. 2009 was a poor year for games in terms of potential GOTY. But 2010 has loads of games that could get GOTY. Whether any of the games get above a 96 meta is a small chance. We shall see I guess.

If you're taking the PS3 or Wii or 360 into account...you can't be further from the truth.

Fixed.

Fixed again.

I thought all 3 had horrible years comparative to past years.  So I guess if you want to believe one still had a good year, then they all still did

Nah, that was the PS3's best year yet. Sure, 2008 saw MGS4, Valkyria Chronicles & LBP but it didn't have the likes of:

- Flower

- Uncharted 2

- Killzone 2

- inFAMOUS

- Demon's Souls

Among other things. To me, it was 360's worst and not because the 360 is bad, it just couldn't compete with 2008, and certainly not the Godly 'Year of the Xbox 360': 2007!

I think you missed my point. I wasnt saying there werent good games. Just not a great year for what is considered GOTY contenders.

Certainly wouldn't ever include: Flower, Infamous and Demon's Souls as a GOTY contender. U2 and Killzone 2 were alot better games.

nightsurge said:
CGI-Quality said:
huaxiong90 said:
selnor said:

Fixed.

Fixed again.

How so? Explain.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
nightsurge said:
CGI-Quality said:
huaxiong90 said:
selnor said:

Fixed.

Fixed again.

Nah, that was the PS3's best year yet. Sure, 2008 saw MGS4, Valkyria Chronicles & LBP but it didn't have the likes of:

- Flower

- Uncharted 2

- Killzone 2

- inFAMOUS

- Demon's Souls

Among other things. To me, it was 360's worst and not because the 360 is bad, it just couldn't compete with 2008, and certainly not the Godly 'Year of the Xbox 360': 2010!

Fixed ;)

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

CGI-Quality said:
nightsurge said:
CGI-Quality said:
huaxiong90 said:
selnor said:

Fixed.

Fixed again.

- Flower

- Uncharted 2

- Killzone 2

- inFAMOUS

- Demon's Souls

Among other things. To me, it was 360's worst and not because the 360 is bad, it just couldn't compete with 2008, and certainly not the Godly 'Year of the Xbox 360': 2007!

Of that list, only Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 seem GotY worthy... so I still stand by my claim that they all had bad years last year.  360 still had Forza 3, Left 4 Dead 2, ODST, Halo Wars, among others.  I definitely agree it was no where near 2007 level, but I just don't see the Wii in particular as having a better lineup last year than either PS3 or 360.  All their line-ups were lacking in AAA GotY material.  It was a year of multiplat dominance.  Of course this is IMO.

selnor said:
CGI-Quality said:
nightsurge said:
CGI-Quality said:
huaxiong90 said:
selnor said:

Fixed.

Fixed again.

- Flower

- Uncharted 2

- Killzone 2

- inFAMOUS

- Demon's Souls

I think you missed my point. I wasnt saying there werent good games. Just not a great year for what is considered GOTY contenders.

Certainly wouldn't ever include: Flower, Infamous and Demon's Souls as a GOTY contender. U2 and Killzone 2 were alot better games.

Umm...why is Demon's Souls NOT GOTY material?

Twistedpixel said:

Mass Effect 2 is a strong contender, however with so many games delayed into 2010 we've got so much competition. Arguably last year was soft in comparison to 2008 and 2010 (expected) on every platform.

Just the GOTY contenders I know:

• Mass Effect 2
  • Splinter Cell: Conviction
  • Halo: Reach
  • Battlefield Bad Company 2 (slim chance but possible)
  • Heavy Rain ( To many low reviews already to be in the running for GOTY )
  • Gran Turismo 5
  • Last Guardian
  • Half Life Ep 3 (if releases) (They wont give an expansion GOTY )
  • God of War 3
  • Zelda?
  • Metroid: Other M
  • Alan Wake
  • Fable 3

Fixed!

kowenicki said:
CGI-Quality said:
huaxiong90 said:
selnor said:

For the Xbox 360, that is. If you're taking the PS3 or Wii into account...you can't be further from the truth.

Fixed.

in your opinion .... of course....

Just going off review scores, since we're talking about GOTY material. I've nothing to brag about. I am just a humble gamer.