By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: White Knight Chronicles Review *Suicide*

ssj12 said:
dsister44 said:
Icyedge said:
dsister44 said:
Icyedge said:

Im playing the game right now and its better than titles like infinite undiscovery (7.1 on ign), enchanted arms (6.5 on ign) or star ocean 4 (8 on ign) so I say that you shouldnt listen to IGN.

So... any reason why your opinion is better then their opinion? Which is exactly what their review is(an opinion)

Because I played nearly all jRPGs from the past 15 years on every console. This guy maybe dont like even like jRPG.

Why would they let someone that doesn't like jRPG review a jRPG?

i can see this happening... thankfully we VGC staff have control over what we can review instead of being told.

Ironically people who don't like JRPGS SHOULD be revieiwng JRPGS.

Because reviewing a game should be more then.  "Hey readers, I like it!"

I mean, do we really believe all Movie critics love EVERY genre of movies?

Do literature critics love EVERY genre of books.

Do TV critics love EVERY type of show?

Do Music critics love EVERY genre of music?

Hell no.  Those critics are trained to look past their biases and judge such things on a much deeper level.

I mean, with very few exceptions I can still tell whether a game I like or don't like is a good game, regardless on if I like it or not.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
ssj12 said:
dsister44 said:
Icyedge said:
dsister44 said:
Icyedge said:

Im playing the game right now and its better than titles like infinite undiscovery (7.1 on ign), enchanted arms (6.5 on ign) or star ocean 4 (8 on ign) so I say that you shouldnt listen to IGN.

So... any reason why your opinion is better then their opinion? Which is exactly what their review is(an opinion)

Because I played nearly all jRPGs from the past 15 years on every console. This guy maybe dont like even like jRPG.

Why would they let someone that doesn't like jRPG review a jRPG?

i can see this happening... thankfully we VGC staff have control over what we can review instead of being told.

Ironically people who don't like JRPGS SHOULD be revieiwng JRPGS.

Because reviewing a game should be more then.  "Hey readers, I like it!"

I mean, do we really believe all Movie critics love EVERY genre of movies?

Do literature critics love EVERY genre of books.

Do TV critics love EVERY type of show?

Do Music critics love EVERY genre of music?

Hell no.  Those critics are trained to look past their biases and judge such things on a much deeper level.

I mean, with very few exceptions I can still tell whether a game I like or don't like is a good game, regardless on if I like it or not.

Nice to see there is at least one person besides me who has that talent

2010 started real bad for PS3 exclusives. MAG sits at 79 metacritic, Heavy Rain doesnt have a single 10/10 score yet and White Knight Chronicles will is getting medicore and/or bad scores. 360 on the other hand already has 2 AAA titles this year. Bayoneta at 90, and Mass Effect at 96!!!!! (it has very good chances to be the highest rated game in 2010).

Its a sad year to be PS3 gamer :( GOW3 cant come soon enough

Guys, White Knight Chronicles is a good game. Are we really into an era where games that dont score a 10 are not worthy of a purchase? Come on!! I played Sacred 2 and loved it. Im a real gamer. i play games that interest me instead of buying games based solely on reviews. At the end of the day, you are the one who decides whether you like a game or not. I played the new Bionic Commando and although it wasnt a great game I still enjoyed it.

BladeOfGod said:
2010 started real bad for PS3 exclusives. MAG sits at 79 metacritic, Heavy Rain doesnt have a single 10/10 score yet and White Knight Chronicles will is getting medicore and/or bad scores. 360 on the other hand already has 2 AAA titles this year. Bayoneta at 90, and Mass Effect at 96!!!!! (it has very good chances to be the highest rated game in 2010).

Lol, take it easy. MAG is fine, if it's your kind of game, you'll love it, if it isn't, then that's the way things are. Heavy Rain has certainly had a few 10/10 scores, they just aren't on metacritic. Everything is fiiiine

Around the Network

I knew this year ago, but hoped, this would be at least 8/10 game.
Well, maybe WKC2 will be worth buying.

Take my love, take my land..

BladeOfGod said:

you're taking these reviews too seriously mate, coz i really don't see any cause for alarm. There's only 6 reviews in so far for WKC and the gamers' responses have been great. Heavy Rain has ONLY 2 reviews in atm, and both are 90+, this is probably the last game we need to worry about. And it's not like you can't play Bayonetta or ME2(on pc) anytime now, and we'll most probably be getting a port sooner or later.

Seriously you need to chill a bit :p

i'm sorry but it's funny to see that boutros is the one to post this... especially after reading his comments on the gamespot review.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

880user088 said:
ummmm who said "gamespot SUCKS, lets wait IGN review" ???

LOL

I said it!

But I still think it's true. Gamespot sucks and I usually trust IGN more. Maybe not on that one (I haven't played yet) but most of the times.

Hephaestos said:
i'm sorry but it's funny to see that boutros is the one to post this... especially after reading his comments on the gamespot review.

lol

IGN are sometimes way off.

They gave Folklore a 9/10...I mean what? It was surely not that great. I would give it 7.5/10.

They gave Kingdom Hearts 2 a 7.6/10...I mean WHAT? It would be 9.4/10 for me.

I still trust them and I respect their review but I will probably disagree.