By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: White Knight Chronicles Review *Suicide*

IGN is not the end all be all of gaming GAWD people stop being lemmings decide for yourself. There have been plenty of games that people did not like and others and myself included enjoyed. So come on folks IGN is not the holy grail.

Around the Network

jonnhytesta said:

because they dont like them. they dont care. they dont understand. jrpgs dont sell as much as mw2 so they are not important. they want jrpgs to become fps or wrpgs .to name a few

On what basis do you make these claims? Or is it possible that this game really isn't that great?

dsister44 said:

jonnhytesta said:

because they dont like them. they dont care. they dont understand. jrpgs dont sell as much as mw2 so they are not important. they want jrpgs to become fps or wrpgs .to name a few

On what basis do you make these claims? Or is it possible that this game really isn't that great?

yes maybe, but is not a 5 or 6 . the gave it a 5 because its a jrpg aand you recue a princess . that drives them crazy for some reason.

dsister44 said:
Icyedge said:
dsister44 said:
Icyedge said:

Im playing the game right now and its better than titles like infinite undiscovery (7.1 on ign), enchanted arms (6.5 on ign) or star ocean 4 (8 on ign) so I say that you shouldnt listen to IGN.

So... any reason why your opinion is better then their opinion? Which is exactly what their review is(an opinion)

Because I played nearly all jRPGs from the past 15 years on every console. This guy maybe dont like even like jRPG.

Why would they let someone that doesn't like jRPG review a jRPG?

I dont know, it was just sarcasm. But its not that I dont agree this game could be 5.1. Its more that I dont agree this game is 5.1 when they rate other games not better at 7-8. I know its different persons reviewing different games but the reviewers in the same company should have specific points in order to evaluate. Also there should be scale on how to weight each review points in the overall score. This game has no lasting appeal problem, but he give 6.5. Also 7 in graphics? God of war collection (a ps2 title with upscale graphics) got an 8 from the same site. Its a poor review because he was clearly hating on everything since he dont like the gameplay and was disapointed.

ummmm who said "gamespot SUCKS, lets wait IGN review" ???

Around the Network

I'm about 3 or 4 hours in and I think it is pretty good so far. What I've heard about the combat being broken seems like bs, I think it works just fine. The only complaint I have about it its the facial animations, but even then its miles above Infinite Undiscovery. As I'm playing through I'm enjoying myself so as far as I'm concerned, its a good game. I'm not very far in though so, we'll see.

880user088 said:
ummmm who said "gamespot SUCKS, lets wait IGN review" ???

I did.

Anyway,, I thin this will end up being a 70-75 on metacritic

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

And really at the end of the day thats all that matters. Games are like movies not every one will like the same thing. Example Borderlands bored the crap outta me does that means its a bad game. Opinons are like ass holes folks every ones got one.

Who cares what these sites say anyways. Theyre hardly trustworthy. I've played this game some now, and its impressed me. If you liked FF XI or XII, you'll be at home here.

Currently own: PC (duh), SNES, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP.

the last time I decided not to listen to the reviews, I bought Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust.
'nuff said, sadly.

although reviewers are not perfect, the more of an idea you have about what to expect the better imo

Proud Sony Rear Admiral