By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: White Knight Chronicles Review *Suicide*

JRPG that scores badly in Japan scores baldy in the US.

I wouldn't be surprised by this. They tend to like their JRPGs more over there.

I wouldn't let this change you opinion.

Around the Network
Ramiel said:
You can't spell ignorant w/o ign. They'll always put down PS3 games every chance they got. They're one of those anti-PS3 sites.

Back when gamerankings used to keep track of average review score between each platform... PS3 scored the highest.

Dunno why they stopped tracking that.

FinalEvangelion said:
I just started playing it. I'm actually liking this much more than FF13 so far.

Usually these Western reviewers tend to dock points for aspects I enjoy in jRPGs (anime-esque features, saving princesses, etc).

Bald Space Marines, serving the Empire by helping expel an alien race rather than fighting against it (Empire), no level grinding seem to get you higher points these days on games. And of course shooting is absolutely necessary for it to be "hardcore, bro"...

In my first couple hours, its looking to be a low 8 something game so far. FF13 was in the low 7 are for me so far.

The game got poor reviews in japan though as well.

You can't really blame it on western reviewers.

The real point is... reviews don't actually have any fundamental basis of review ettiquite like other medium's reviews.

jonnhytesta said:
dsister44 said:
Icyedge said:
dsister44 said:
Icyedge said:

Im playing the game right now and its better than titles like infinite undiscovery (7.1 on ign), enchanted arms (6.5 on ign) or star ocean 4 (8 on ign) so I say that you shouldnt listen to IGN.

So... any reason why your opinion is better then their opinion? Which is exactly what their review is(an opinion)

Because I played nearly all jRPGs from the past 15 years on every console. This guy maybe dont like even like jRPG.

Why would they let someone that doesn't like jRPG review a jRPG?

because they dont like them. they dont care. they dont understand. jrpgs dont sell as much as mw2 so they are not important. they want jrpgs to become fps or wrpgs .to name a few

Explain why the game bombed in Japan for reviews.

Hmm so far I somewhat enjoyed the game, I guess I'm just different.

Around the Network

I'm liking the game myself also. So much for reviews.

The Halo francise is the most overrated bland game to ever hit the console market. It provides a bad name to all FPS that even showed effort at creating an original entertaining plot.

I probably have more ps3 games than you :/ 

dsister44 said:
Icyedge said:
dsister44 said:
Icyedge said:

Im playing the game right now and its better than titles like infinite undiscovery (7.1 on ign), enchanted arms (6.5 on ign) or star ocean 4 (8 on ign) so I say that you shouldnt listen to IGN.

So... any reason why your opinion is better then their opinion? Which is exactly what their review is(an opinion)

Because I played nearly all jRPGs from the past 15 years on every console. This guy maybe dont like even like jRPG.

Why would they let someone that doesn't like jRPG review a jRPG?

i can see this happening... thankfully we VGC staff have control over what we can review instead of being told.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

LeongJinx said:
Who cares what these sites say anyways. Theyre hardly trustworthy. I've played this game some now, and its impressed me. If you liked FF XI or XII, you'll be at home here.

This is actually the reason why I've been wanting this game since 2007, because FFXII is my second favourite FF of all time, after FFVI.

People should go with what they want and what they find enjoyable, not from what someone tells you about the game. If no information other than the review was offered, then it would be expected for people to be wary, but from 2007 till now there are tons of videos about this game, there is no excuse for people not to be informed, if they really wanted the game to begin with. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Use your OWN opinion to choose game, not IGN/Famitsu/Edge ecc reviews?

I truly didn' t think that people still choose their game based on stupid reviews. Before these reviews you were all anxious to have this game... Now you are all giving up on him, choosing Star ocean or FFXIII. Mah...

Deidara89 said:
Use your OWN opinion to choose game, not IGN/Famitsu/Edge ecc reviews?

I truly didn' t think that people still choose their game based on stupid reviews. Before these reviews you were all anxious to have this game... Now you are all giving up on him, choosing Star ocean or FFXIII. Mah...

I'm just getting em all. I probably have 10 hrs logged on WKC already.

The Halo francise is the most overrated bland game to ever hit the console market. It provides a bad name to all FPS that even showed effort at creating an original entertaining plot.

I probably have more ps3 games than you :/