By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance: Fall of Man Sequel Ready for Pre Alpha Testing

Well RFOM was released in November 2006, Ratchet & Klank in November 2007, so it would sound right if it was released in November 2008.

I think that should be about right. Brilliant games take lots of time to develop and plan. If we see the engine advance as much as we did with Ratchet & Clank (far more SPE usage combined with texture streaming) Resistance 2 should technically become mind blowing from the technical perspective!

I am impressed by R&C with regard to polish and draw distance. It's really cool flying around a level and seeing the dinosaurs down below and in the distance. 8-)

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
@ twesterm )

It say "pre-alpha testing stage" - I don't see where a testing stage is the announcement for a close alpha-stage , because alpha-stage means "all levels/stages and modes playable" and doesn't have anything to do with how the game runs at that time (which obviously these test are for)

I think it's a test for the new ,improved graphic engine - no more and no less.

No, in video games there is only one alpha stage and it means all art complete or near complete.  Gamplay is finished long before that and large amount of testers are used during the entire process.

Regardless of what stage the development is in (obviously it's very early and they're probably looking at the possibilities and such of what they want to do), it's still good to hear that they're working on it. Resistance: Fall of Man was good, but it did have some flaws.

First you have Resistance and later you have Ratchet and Clank. With what they've been learning about developing on the PS3, I'm pretty eager to see what they will do with their next game.

WEWdeadeye said:
"They" have 8 alpha stages....meaning firefox....how does that pertain to Resistence, a video game? I dont see the relevance in comparing alpha testing for a web browser to alpha testing for a highly anticipated ps3 title, not sure how you made that connection. Oh, and for those who dont think they would release resistence next year because of killzone2, that is IF, and highly doubt it will happen, KZ2 comes out next year, chances are that will be delayed to 09, seeing as all the other big name ps3 titles have been hit with multiple delays. Oh, and yes, if Resistence was even close to being released, you know sony would already have the hype machine in full force, and we havent heard a single word yet on that title, so I am sure it won't be released till winter 08 at the very earliest.

I'm using it as an example as how alpha builds work. Even games work in multiple alphas and pre-alphas because each alpha is the impementation of a different part of the product. FireFox 3 went  through M1 to Aplha 1, etc, etc. Most games go through An M1 - Alpha 1. Even most mods go through that process.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Resistance was a pretty decent game. It was their first attempt to make a FPS game and I was surprised with Resistance. I hope to see the game in 2008 (november) no way that Guerilla can finish KZ 2 before the end of 2008, they have still a lot to do.

Around the Network

Actually a fall 08 release date is pretty plausable . The game engne is ready , the story shouldent be a problem , so I dont see what could last so long ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Soriku said:
*Yawn* I knew this for a while via Surfer Girl. She said it's coming, but she made no mention of what development stage it's in as far as now. Looks like she was right. But you guys are deluding yourselves if you think it's coming in 2008. At the very earliest 2009 will be the year when it's released.

There's more info on her blog (KEEP IN MIND THERE ARE SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=6236993101430981147&postID=1392545114284398128

Don't go here if you don't want stuff revealed for you.

@hunter

If you want it to be a crappy game then maybe I'll agree with you. But knowing SOny, they'll make a FULL sequel putting work in it instead of working on it for 9-10 months when a proper PS3 game takes up 1.5-2 years+ to make.

Insomniac is typically good at releasing 1 game a year. Unless there will be another R&C in 2008 it will be resistance 2.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Fall of man merited a sequel?

Holy shit!!

I guess my standard for fun games is higher than others...

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

weezy said:

Fall of man merited a sequel?

Holy shit!!

I guess my standard for fun games is higher than others...

if you played the game fully you would realize the ending left an opening the size Manhattan.

good to hear, insomniac is a great dev.

Currently playing: UT3, Madden 08, NBA 2k7, AoE:III