By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance: Fall of Man Sequel Ready for Pre Alpha Testing

http://www.ripten.com/2007/11/12/resistance-fall-of-man-sequel-ready-for-pre-alpha-testing/#respond

A trusted source has let us know that Resistance 2, the sequel to the PS3 launch title, is ready for the pre-Alpha testing stage. According to our source, Sony is going to be hiring a ton of testers in January to put Resistance 2 through a stress test.

Resistance was one of the best PS3 exclusives, and without a doubt we’re sure Resistance 2 will be on everyone’s wish list when a release date is announced.

With almost no other information released about this game so far, and with no screenshots to gawk at, it’s hard to say how good it’s going to be. But if it’s anything like the first, with its crazy weapons and great looking monsters, they could probably stick to the game’s roots and please old fans. Another option might be for them to go crazy with the story and offer us a completely new experience.

After the initial testing is over, we may see a lot of buzz around this game as testers talk about their experiences. Whatever the case may be, I’m hopeful Resistance 2 will be a smash success just like the first.

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Around the Network

lol nice... 2008?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

probably 08 i wouldnt expect this and killzone to come out around the same time though.

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

I was just about to post this, lol. How does Insomniac do it? It seems as if they're putting out awesome ps3 games every November! Other dev teams take twice as long to make half that game that Insomniac does!

2008? Possibly but I think Sony is gunna milk this one for all its worth, so im guessing late 2009. Close to the release of RE5. I would say a month before.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network

Resistance is the best game on the PS3 in my opinion and has the second best multilayer (Warhawk is so awesome) on the system, so I am really looking forward to its sequel.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

Good stuff, how do they release great huge games every year. Holiday 08: God of War 3 and Resistance 2 on PS3 believe.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Terrific news. "Resistance" really stands up well, thanks to its game balance, replayability, Insomniac's trademark over-the-top weapons and effective art design (in particular, a nightmarish, climate-distorted 1950s England, as creepily atmospheric as Bioshock's 1930s-inspired Rapture). Presumably they're going to shift the action elsewhere...

Sorry to tell you this, but 1) they aren't in pre-alpha and 2) you aren't going to see the game in 2008. I don't doubt there's a Resistance 2 being made, I just doubt the validity of this article.

If they were in pre-alpha, the game would be about 6 months away, possibly even less, and there would me more information out there.

Also, they aren't going to make this game in less than a year. If they did, I would be seriously worried about the quality of the game and worried that it would be pretty much just an expansion pack from the first game. -edit- I guess if you wanted to be a literal jerk, you could say that they are in pre-alpha since any game that hasn't hit alpha is pre-alpha but whatever. I'm taking the article as meaning they're about to hit alpha and that's just silly.

@ twesterm )

It say "pre-alpha testing stage" - I don't see where a testing stage is the announcement for a close alpha-stage , because alpha-stage means "all levels/stages and modes playable" and doesn't have anything to do with how the game runs at that time (which obviously these test are for)

I think it's a test for the new ,improved graphic engine - no more and no less.