By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Resistance: Fall of Man Sequel Ready for Pre Alpha Testing

twesterm said:
Sorry to tell you this, but 1) they aren't in pre-alpha and 2) you aren't going to see the game in 2008. I don't doubt there's a Resistance 2 being made, I just doubt the validity of this article.

If they were in pre-alpha, the game would be about 6 months away, possibly even less, and there would me more information out there.

Also, they aren't going to make this game in less than a year. If they did, I would be seriously worried about the quality of the game and worried that it would be pretty much just an expansion pack from the first game. -edit- I guess if you wanted to be a literal jerk, you could say that they are in pre-alpha since any game that hasn't hit alpha is pre-alpha but whatever. I'm taking the article as meaning they're about to hit alpha and that's just silly.

I think you fail to understand basic product creation.

FireFox 3.0

lpha 1 December 8, 2006 Developer Preview ("Dogfood") Gran Paradiso alpha 1 release notes
Alpha 2 February 8, 2007 Gecko 1.9a2 Release Notes, Gran Paradiso alpha 2 release notes
Alpha 3 March 23, 2007 Gran Paradiso alpha 3 release notes
Alpha 4 April 27, 2007 Gran Paradiso alpha 4 release notes
Alpha 5 June 6, 2007 Gran Paradiso alpha 5 release notes
Alpha 6 July 2, 2007 Gran Paradiso alpha 6 release notes
Alpha 7 August 3, 2007 Gran Paradiso alpha 7 release notes
Alpha 8 September 20, 2007 Gran Paradiso alpha 8 release notes
M9   

Look they have 8 alpha stages. M9 = pre-alpha 9.

Also on Resistance 2, Ted Price, the President of Insomniac Games, confirmed that thegame is in production. He actually announced it 2 days after Resistance was released in Australia. 

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/44828.html?id=44828 

Its from the real audio interview. The user just added video.  

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

"They" have 8 alpha stages....meaning firefox....how does that pertain to Resistence, a video game? I dont see the relevance in comparing alpha testing for a web browser to alpha testing for a highly anticipated ps3 title, not sure how you made that connection. Oh, and for those who dont think they would release resistence next year because of killzone2, that is IF, and highly doubt it will happen, KZ2 comes out next year, chances are that will be delayed to 09, seeing as all the other big name ps3 titles have been hit with multiple delays. Oh, and yes, if Resistence was even close to being released, you know sony would already have the hype machine in full force, and we havent heard a single word yet on that title, so I am sure it won't be released till winter 08 at the very earliest.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

WEWdeadeye said:
"They" have 8 alpha stages....meaning firefox....how does that pertain to Resistence, a video game? I dont see the relevance in comparing alpha testing for a web browser to alpha testing for a highly anticipated ps3 title, not sure how you made that connection. Oh, and for those who dont think they would release resistence next year because of killzone2, that is IF, and highly doubt it will happen, KZ2 comes out next year, chances are that will be delayed to 09, seeing as all the other big name ps3 titles have been hit with multiple delays. Oh, and yes, if Resistence was even close to being released, you know sony would already have the hype machine in full force, and we havent heard a single word yet on that title, so I am sure it won't be released till winter 08 at the very earliest.

Its not that I disagree with you, but Insominiac did just release Ratchet and Clank- meaning any hype that is swirling about for insomniac is just beginning to be about this game.

You're right about the big name delays though- gotta love it when extra polish and testing and time is given to a game.

On an unrelated note- Wont Killzone 2's budget be hovering right around 50 million dollars after this most rescent dealy?

I dont care what the reviews say- that game is worth buying out of respect alone. 

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

If Rfom launches in 2008, I'm the incumbaciece to the papalcy.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

note : this will be the first sequel of a PS3 game.
Be sure the game will be waited around the corner : if it doesn't improve a lot his visual, people will bash it a lot.

Same for Motorstorm 2

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Resistance: Fall of Man is a very well done game, Ratchet & Clank: TOD took the PS3 to a new level technically, looking really forward to part 2 to see how the story unfolds.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Well RFOM was released in November 2006, Ratchet & Klank in November 2007, so it would sound right if it was released in November 2008.

Insomniac have been developing on the PS3 for 2-3 years now.  I very much doubt that they have waited until R&K has gone gold before starting work on RFOM2.  I wouldn't be surprised if there was a small team working on it since RFOM was released at the end of 2006.

We will probably start seeing screens from it well before the summer and I fully expect it to be released in late 2008. 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

All they need to do is bring up the graphics, and extend the campaign. Better online(nearly impossinle its halo).

Resistance 2 would sell 1 million easily.

mM

LOL!!!

I can't believe people are getting excited about PRE-alpha testing. In most forms of software development you do a pre-alpha test as a component is being "completed" to verify that it matches the requirements; in an agile methodology you will perform testing (sometimes refered to as pre-alpha testing) between each iteration of a component.

About all this tells you about Resistance is that it is in development and the company believes in testing; the game could still be 24 months away for all this tells you.

I liked Resistance a lot. Nice to see a sequel but I am a bit concerned it might be too early to be significantly different then the first one. We will have to trust Sony on that one.