By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu SALES (1/25 – 1/31) -- DQ6 Leads, EOE (PS3) follows!!

we have Disgaea 3 at 111k in Japan btw, not that far off 120k.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
we have Disgaea 3 at 111k in Japan btw, not that far off 120k.

Well, Famitsu/Enterbrain has it at 93,227.  Though that's not counting the BEST reprint last year, which could've maybe added 10k or so (not enough to make the rankings, though it may make the top 500 when we get it).

Still, the 120k projection would've been for the original print run, so it probably doesn't matter.

You're still puttin ur hopes up on Kirby! :P

well I wonder when we'll be getting an MH and DQ announcement for the Wii. Seems like a DQ is just around the corner, probably july release

kopstudent89 said:
You're still puttin ur hopes up on Kirby! :P

well I wonder when we'll be getting an MH and DQ announcement for the Wii. Seems like a DQ is just around the corner, probably july release

I won't give up on Kirby!  It would totally smoke the rest of Q1 in one fell swoop! <3<3

I think we could get a DQ spinoff for summer/fall (like Swords 2 or Torneko 4), but I don't think we'll get a DQVII remake until SE's Q4 (Jan-March 2011).  Still, they have 5 unannounced projects for this year, and I'd have to imagine at least one of those is for Wii.

MH3G this summer/fall (w/all the western content additions, international servers & WiiSpeak) is painfully obvious though.

Ok this is my prediction.. DQ spinoff for summer, which is the announcement for SE. And DQ7 like u said, i dont think is anytime soon, that is if it is ever announced.

I also think that if MH3 succeeds in the west, we'll be getting a new announcement soon. MH3G is probably guaranteed this year Japan, but the MH4 announcement is probably on hold for now me thinks.

SW4, a tales spinoff, and Inazuma(did i spell it right?) are probably gonna be announced soon, most definitely the latter 2. Anything i might be missing?

Around the Network
jarrod said:
Torillian said:
Opoona sold that poorly, as well as Baroque.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=17791&region=All

Not meaningful for a "___ better than ____ at selling RPGs" argument I just hate when people say "I can't remember ____ kind of sales" on a console when we're right here at VGC.

Baroque was an old PS2 port though.  And it's a roguelike, making it even more limited in appeal to genre fans.  I bet Dokapon Kingdom similarly flopped too.

Opoona seems pretty comparable though (niche RPG, small dev, small pub), and that was also an epic bomb. 

Wasn't Baroque originaly on Saturn?

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

kopstudent89 said:
Ok this is my prediction.. DQ spinoff for summer, which is the announcement for SE. And DQ7 like u said, i dont think is anytime soon, that is if it is ever announced.

I also think that if MH3 succeeds in the west, we'll be getting a new announcement soon. MH3G is probably guaranteed this year Japan, but the MH4 announcement is probably on hold for now me thinks.

SW4, a tales spinoff, and Inazuma(did i spell it right?) are probably gonna be announced soon, most definitely the latter 2. Anything i might be missing?

Oh, I definitely think we'll see a Level-5 game this year too.   I dunno if it'll be IE Break back from the dead or something else, but we'll get something.  Young Layton dungeon crawler plz!

Tales is possible, but I'm honestly more expecting an HD Team Symphonia title this year, and more PSP fanservice.  We'll get more Wii Tales, but maybe not this year imo.  DS Tales might be done though imo.

I dunno about SW4 either, but I definitely think we'll see more Musou on Wii soon. The head of Omega Force just talked about how the game expanded their base, I thin we're going to see more multiplatform Musou hitting Wii in the spring.  Hell, we might get some old ports too (like SW1-2 on a single disc).

Son1x said:
jarrod said:
Torillian said:
Opoona sold that poorly, as well as Baroque.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=17791&region=All

Not meaningful for a "___ better than ____ at selling RPGs" argument I just hate when people say "I can't remember ____ kind of sales" on a console when we're right here at VGC.

Baroque was an old PS2 port though.  And it's a roguelike, making it even more limited in appeal to genre fans.  I bet Dokapon Kingdom similarly flopped too.

Opoona seems pretty comparable though (niche RPG, small dev, small pub), and that was also an epic bomb. 

Wasn't Baroque originaly on Saturn?

Yeah, the PS2/Wii game is a total remake of the Saturn/PS1 original.  Better visuals, 3rd person, controls are more PSO like, but the soundtrack is WAY worse from what I've been told.

Hmm, I think you are putting a lot of faith in 3rd party devs. I don't think we will get any announcements soon from any third party dev in Japan. If there will be any announcemnts as in "big" ones, it will definitely be at this year's TGS or E3, don't count on third parties having anything in store for the Wii soon.

Wii is in for the roughest year yet when it comes to 3rd party support in Japan, but it won't matter because their 1st party efforts will be more than enough to offset them. That is from Q2 onwards.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

jarrod said:
kopstudent89 said:

Oh, I definitely think we'll see a Level-5 game this year too.   I dunno if it'll be IE Break back from the dead or something else, but we'll get something.  Young Layton dungeon crawler plz!

Tales is possible, but I'm honestly more expecting an HD Team Symphonia title this year, and more PSP fanservice.  We'll get more Wii Tales, but maybe not this year imo.  DS Tales might be done though imo.

I dunno about SW4 either, but I definitely think we'll see more Musou on Wii soon. The head of Omega Force just talked about how the game expanded their base, I thin we're going to see more multiplatform Musou hitting Wii in the spring.  Hell, we might get some old ports too (like SW1-2 on a single disc).

Talking about Tales. Not long ago, Namco trademarked Narikiri Dungeon Cross.

Sounds like another Narikiri, I'd guess for DS. -.-

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."