By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu SALES (1/25 – 1/31) -- DQ6 Leads, EOE (PS3) follows!!

That's awful, I didn't know they had them all localized and ready to go. What the hell is happening to NoA?

Their American subsidiary is the only part of Nintendo that is taking a step backwards, it's really sad to see.

6000th post !

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Well i do agree with Jarrod, M+ can help this title, plus the resurging wii hardware could be an important factor. That said i realy was hoping Nintendo would try harder to push the title in Japan, but at least we know Xenoblade will not be a "Captain Rainbow" or "disaster". What else does the wii have though?

For Q1, I don't think they have much left in terms of big games. We've yet to see how they plan their release schedule for next FY, I think they will rest on their laurels until April rolls in.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
For Q1, I don't think they have much left in terms of big games. We've yet to see how they plan their release schedule for next FY, I think they will rest on their laurels until April rolls in.

I could see Reginliev in Q2 maybe.  That's really it's only chance though imo, the back half is already bursting with bigger name stuff (Galaxy 2, Other M, Xenoblade, Vitality Sensor, Zelda, etc).   If we don;t get it by June, we're not getting it at all imo.

We'll undoubtedly be getting DSi XL, Sin & Punishment 2 and 3D Picross in Q2 though.  I could see something like Spawn Smasher too maybe.

Ohh I was talking about Japan. I meant to say that there is nothing else that can be considered big or a hardware pusher for the remaining of Q1 there in Japan. We will have to wait until next FY starts to find out about which games will make it in 2010 and when exactly or approximately be them 1st or 3rd party (the latter being more doubtful because they are almost non-existent save for a few).

For the US though, I think we will have to wait until July to get a big 1st party game, after E3 is done.

I think we will get S&P2 and EO2 in Q1 while Q2 might be empty, unless they release M:OM, then 2nd half should be quite packed. I don't think we will ever see Reginleiv though.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
trestres said:
Ohh I was talking about Japan. I meant to say that there is nothing else that can be considered big or a hardware pusher for the remaining of Q1 there in Japan. We will have to wait until next FY starts to find out about which games will make it in 2010 and when exactly or approximately be them 1st or 3rd party (the latter being more doubtful because they are almost non-existent save for a few).

For the US though, I think we will have to wait until July to get a big 1st party game, after E3 is done.

I think we will get S&P2 and EO2 in Q1 while Q2 might be empty, unless they release M:OM, then 2nd half should be quite packed. I don't think we will ever see Reginleiv though.

Oh, my mistake!

For Japan, there's possibly Kirby in March (plz plz plz), then probably Xenoblade for Golden Week at the end of April.  I really thought we'd see Galaxy 2 for GW, but I guess Nintendo wants to put more distance between it and NSMB.

I think Other M is going to be a worldwide August launch.  Wii Relax or whatever will probably take WSR's June/July slot from last year.

Soriku said:
Wow at Last Rebellion. They expected 30k shipment but they shpped 10k and they sold 3k. OK at EoE and nice job for AT3 though.

I wonder where KH BBS will end up. I expected 800-900k. I wonder if it might hit the low end of 800k and stop.

Yeah, Last Rebellion is an unheard of bomb.  For all the crap Wii gets for niche 3rd party RPG sales, I honestly can't rememeber a single one that did this bad.  Maybe Opoona?

800k would be right in line with Crisis Core, so I can see it.  It's worth noting that the 3 trackers (Famitsu, MC, Dengeki) have like a 100k spread between them though... but still, 800k would be a little disappointing imo.

Opoona sold that poorly, as well as Baroque.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=17791&region=All

Not meaningful for a "___ better than ____ at selling RPGs" argument I just hate when people say "I can't remember ____ kind of sales" on a console when we're right here at VGC.

So wait, I just realized NIS expected 30k for Last Rebellion!? OUCH!

Disgaea 3 also undershot their expectations way back (sold 100k, they wanted 120k)... I wonder if NIS might be reconsidering that planned PS3 push now? PSP looks a whole lot safer still...

Torillian said:
Opoona sold that poorly, as well as Baroque.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=17791&region=All

Not meaningful for a "___ better than ____ at selling RPGs" argument I just hate when people say "I can't remember ____ kind of sales" on a console when we're right here at VGC.

Baroque was an old PS2 port though.  And it's a roguelike, making it even more limited in appeal to genre fans.  I bet Dokapon Kingdom similarly flopped too.

Opoona seems pretty comparable though (niche RPG, small dev, small pub), and that was also an epic bomb.