By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu SALES (1/25 – 1/31) -- DQ6 Leads, EOE (PS3) follows!!

trestres said:
Hmm, I think you are putting a lot of faith in 3rd party devs. I don't think we will get any announcements soon from any third party dev in Japan. If there will be any announcemnts as in "big" ones, it will definitely be at this year's TGS or E3, don't count on third parties having anything in store for the Wii soon.

Wii is in for the roughest year yet when it comes to 3rd party support in Japan, but it won't matter because their 1st party efforts will be more than enough to offset them. That is from Q2 onwards.

Well, some of it's inevitable.  DQ remakes/spinoffs always pave the way for the mainline... though DQX is still probably a good 2 years off so we admittedly might not get any this year.

MH3G is an easy guess too, there's even unused code in regular MH3 that suggests it.  Everything else gets a little more speculative, but for some there's at least been heavy hints (from Level-5 especially).

I agree in general though... Nintendo's carried Wii to this point, and they'll be the ones to carry it to the end.  It's a little disappinting, but at least Nintendo's actually pulled it off for the most part.  The overwhelming 3rd party pushes for 360 and PS3 haven't exactly paid off quite so well...

Around the Network

Nah, i just think there will be a shift from PSP+DS towards Wii+PS3. We're also gonna see more of PS3/Wii multiplatform(like the recent Winning eleven announcement, and Basara).

also Jarrod i dont expect SW4 this year at all, SW3 was announced like 2 yrs ago before it hit the Wii. Also you're probably right on Tales, but i still think a spinoff is probable probably this time next year

Son1x said:
jarrod said:
kopstudent89 said:
Ok this is my prediction.. DQ spinoff for summer, which is the announcement for SE. And DQ7 like u said, i dont think is anytime soon, that is if it is ever announced.

I also think that if MH3 succeeds in the west, we'll be getting a new announcement soon. MH3G is probably guaranteed this year Japan, but the MH4 announcement is probably on hold for now me thinks.

SW4, a tales spinoff, and Inazuma(did i spell it right?) are probably gonna be announced soon, most definitely the latter 2. Anything i might be missing?

Oh, I definitely think we'll see a Level-5 game this year too.   I dunno if it'll be IE Break back from the dead or something else, but we'll get something.  Young Layton dungeon crawler plz!

Tales is possible, but I'm honestly more expecting an HD Team Symphonia title this year, and more PSP fanservice.  We'll get more Wii Tales, but maybe not this year imo.  DS Tales might be done though imo.

I dunno about SW4 either, but I definitely think we'll see more Musou on Wii soon. The head of Omega Force just talked about how the game expanded their base, I thin we're going to see more multiplatform Musou hitting Wii in the spring.  Hell, we might get some old ports too (like SW1-2 on a single disc).

Talking about Tales. Not long ago, Namco trademarked Narikiri Dungeon Cross.

Sounds like another Narikiri, I'd guess for DS. -.-

Oh yeah, I forgot about that!  The "Cross" has me thinking Monolith's 2nd team may be doing it, since they've done some previous crossover games (Namco X Capcom, SRT OG Saga 1-2).

Leaked HW numbers were incorrect

PSP 47,875
Wii 42,309
DSi LL 34,863
PS3 34,431
DSi 24,783
DS Lite 6,811
Xbox 360 4,089
PS2 2,182
PSP go 1,645

These are the official ones.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

M-Create BTW

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

IMO Ar tonelico 3's numbers look fantastic.

Love Mir Forever!!
PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB
My Favorite Jrpg Series: Ar Tonelico, Lunar, Tales of, Star Ocean, Final Fantasy, Atelier/Mana Khemia, Suikoden, Grandia, Wild arms, and Disgaea.

so "RPG week" did cause a small boost for PS3 according to MC. Last Rebellion really got lost in the mix.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

starterman1989 said:

AT3 deserves the good sale, actually. I have only heard positive things about it so far.

Agreed. Not sure where jarrod heard that AT3 and Rorona were bad. First I've heard of it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
starterman1989 said:

AT3 deserves the good sale, actually. I have only heard positive things about it so far.

Agreed. Not sure where jarrod heard that AT3 and Rorona were bad. First I've heard of it.

Don't know much about Rorona but I've heard AT3 is good. And thats from the ones that played 1 and 2.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

outlawauron said:
starterman1989 said:

Not "bad" per se, I've been told it's content light compared to AT1-2.  Probably because a lot went into the 3D transition?