By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Things that can make Playstation Plus worth the price

Everyone is well aware of the upcoming price spike that will happen across all tiers of the service. Let's be real, nobody likes a price hike. That goes double when there isn't anything given to add to the hike.  A 30% price spike with no added value is nothing to sneeze at.  I have a hard time debating whether or not it's worth it. On one hand, you have the fact that you need it to play online games now. That makes it more of a necessity rather than a question of worth. On the other hand it's hard to overlook the fact that you're being asked to shell out more money for the sake of shelling out more money. So I started to think about what could make PS Plus worth the price spike. Or at the very least, ease the blow.

 

Personally, I'm almost leaning more toward the not worth it. But that might just be anger about having to pay more.



Around the Network

"With your subscription we give you access to 5 Onlyfans profiles of your choosing".

Done, PsPlus is a success now.



Jpcc86 said:

"With your subscription we give you access to 5 Onlyfans profiles of your choosing".

Done, PsPlus is a success now.

LOL dude with the amount of thirsty dudes out there, offering that with a sub will make ANYTHING a success



They can raise it to $1000 a year but take out online gaming out of it. You paid for the game. Why you have to pay for the sub.

Dumbass business model from consumer perspective.



They really need to get rid of paid online in general and leave the other aspects of the service to a paid subscription. Obviously, they aren't going to do that. Considering they have been charging $60 a year for as long as can be and are now hiking it by 33%, there's no way they'll give us universal free online. That's too much of a massive loss of revenue and profit.
Here's how they should divide the tiers with the new prices and some more perks to add
Essential:
-Crunchyroll Included
-All PS5 upgrades from PS4 for all software is included
Extra:
-All Classics now offered in this tier, as well as cloud streaming.This essentially combines the Extra and Premium tiers
Premium:
-Select first and third party $60-$70 games included Day 1 (most, but not all first-party new games and some third-party games). I don't see Sony offering all first-party games Day 1, especially since Microsoft charges more a year for this feature than the Premium tier costs.
-All games that have separate purchases for PS4 and PS5 versions (and don't offer cross-gen or paid upgrades) now give you both versions. If you buy Persona 5 Royal on PS4, you automatically get the PS5 version, and so on.



Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network
lgs20XP said:

Everyone is well aware of the upcoming price spike that will happen across all tiers of the service. Let's be real, nobody likes a price hike. That goes double when there isn't anything given to add to the hike.  A 30% price spike with no added value is nothing to sneeze at.  I have a hard time debating whether or not it's worth it. On one hand, you have the fact that you need it to play online games now. That makes it more of a necessity rather than a question of worth. On the other hand it's hard to overlook the fact that you're being asked to shell out more money for the sake of shelling out more money. So I started to think about what could make PS Plus worth the price spike. Or at the very least, ease the blow.

 

Personally, I'm almost leaning more toward the not worth it. But that might just be anger about having to pay more.

My cable bill goes up every year, while cable tv just gets worse (poached by streaming services). The only way out is to cut the cord...

It would be nice if Sony had some sort of loyalty program like Nintendo Gold points. Then allow you to use those to pay for ps+. Would still be a lot though, Nintendo gives you 300 points for $60 purchase, worth $3. An 80$ subscription would be $1,600 spend on games.

No point adding perks for me as I don't have time to play the 'free' games anyway, so I doubt anything else but better discounts can make it worth it for me. PS+ giving a standard 15% discount on every digital purchase would be a start. 8 x $70 digital purchase would make the subscription 'free'.



green_sky said:

They can raise it to $1000 a year but take out online gaming out of it. You paid for the game. Why you have to pay for the sub.

Dumbass business model from consumer perspective.

Used to be free, but they saw xbox getting away with it, so they followed.



KratosLives said:
green_sky said:

They can raise it to $1000 a year but take out online gaming out of it. You paid for the game. Why you have to pay for the sub.

Dumbass business model from consumer perspective.

Used to be free, but they saw xbox getting away with it, so they followed.

Yeah, in a way I can't blame them. If a competitor is allowed to charge for it and not get pushback, why should they keep giving it free?

That's why I wished xbox fans pushed back against it because good or bad, if something is profitable, everyone else will copy it



I think they should offer a one time lifetime fee for online gaming for a Ps account. Pricing would be around $360. That is 5 years worth and then becomes less profitable but generates quicker revenue. Many people lose their accounts or make new ones anyways, so would double dip. Perhaps the average consumer only becomes a hardcore/core gamer for 5 years anyways and then moves on or goes casual. I'm not sure but they could research the proper timing/pricing.



I think it was worth it for you before, then it's worth it even after the price hike. In percentages it sounds high, but in practical terms it's what, a couple of bucks a month more, depending on the tier.
I have been paying monthly and I have been teetering on whether it's worth for me or not. I don't play online games, for one. But every now and then I get extra discount on some game I want to buy, and I've even gotten games for free if they were old enough. Just a while ago I was late to the party with FF7 Remake and whaddya know, it was free, a nice surprise. I guess I'll have to keep subscribing because my son likes to play online sometimes.