- Loading and boot is up is very fast and near seemless
- Cutscenes are all real time and run at 30 FPS
- 900p in docked, 720p handheld,gameplay is 60 FPS, with No AA. Though Shimmering is not noticeable due to the 2D design
- Impressive variety and implementation of animations
- Great water effects and fluid simulations
- The 60 FPS is stable and only dropped a handful of times during his complete playthrough. Which was likely a result of streaming issues.
- 5.1 surround sound supported and John thinks the sound design in Metropid Dread is possibly the best seen in 2021
- Lots of various effects in play such as particle effects, light shafts, volumetric lighting, etc.
- The best Mercury Steam game to date and a large improvement over Samus Returns
Overall looks like they did a great job on this game. Digital Foundry had nothing but praise for Metroid.