By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Won May NPD ( PS4 > NSW > XBOx)

Soundwave said:
XBox One is starting to find some traction in non-holiday months ... the XBox One X has been a large boost for them, think mid-gen hardware refreshes are basically going to become the norm now.

I don’t get this logic. 2017 has been terrible for X1. After the Scorpio announcement X1 sales tanked hard...now things are back to normal. That’s all.



Around the Network

Good month for PS4. Nice to see GoW having epic legs.



KBG29 said:
Another great month for PS4 as expected. June is going to be interesting. Will the uproar over Fortnite be substantial, or just a bunch of noise? Did E3 move the needle in any way? I never doubted they would win may with God of War and Detroit, but the next few months are hard to judge. Then it should be back in Sony's court come September.

At this point I actually think Microsoft could grab a few of the summer months.

Its noise on gaming fóruns, no One Cares like no One Cares about about crossplay



 

Remember XB had $50 price cut.



GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

animegaming said:
KBG29 said:
Another great month for PS4 as expected. June is going to be interesting. Will the uproar over Fortnite be substantial, or just a bunch of noise? Did E3 move the needle in any way? I never doubted they would win may with God of War and Detroit, but the next few months are hard to judge. Then it should be back in Sony's court come September.

At this point I actually think Microsoft could grab a few of the summer months.

I think Fortnite will at least move a bit more Switch's and Xbox's off of the shelf cause of the drama, but just a small increase I bet. The reason why I think this is largely due to the MSM getting involved and reporting on the story, if it weren't that part of the story I don't think it would of had really any effect. 

All that crossplay stuff is a joke... Plus if anything, it ll just make getting a PS4 version of the game even more important, if thats where your friends are.
More likely to be a small boost to PS4s :P

You know whats consumer friendly? that you dont need to pay to play free to play games online on the PS4.
That is a million times more impactful than this crossplay non issue.

Im not sure what will happend once nintendo starts chargeing for online... are free to play games allowed to be played online without a subscription?
nintendo.com says "other games will vary.", meaning it could go either way (ei. no fortnite without a subscription).

On the xbox you need a subscription to play fortnite.



Around the Network
Soundwave said:
XBox One is starting to find some traction in non-holiday months ... the XBox One X has been a large boost for them, think mid-gen hardware refreshes are basically going to become the norm now.

Correct me if wrong, but isn't  X1S the less expensive console since beginning 2018? I mean, sure the X1X got some credit here, but i realy think the low price of the X1S is the main reason for xbox number of sales, prety sure they managed to make bundles $50 cheaper than ps4.



Prediction: In 5 years Nintendo will Lauch a "Core Mario game"  very similar to Astro Bot. That said, many will Ignore Astro Bot existence and say Nintendo created this concept.

Switch is keep momentum without big release in first 5 months of year, impresive.



Good sales all around but i am still surprised ps4 can still manage an almost 100k difference against xb1 even with the xb1X.



PS4 still crushing with its powerful first party lineup. Sony definitely low-balled their fiscal year shipment target.



Angelv577 said:
Good sales all around but i am still surprised ps4 can still manage an almost 100k difference against xb1 even with the xb1X.

Quality of software goes a long way.