By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Won May NPD ( PS4 > NSW > XBOx)

The Switch needs a boost

Around the Network

Another great month for PS4 as expected. June is going to be interesting. Will the uproar over Fortnite be substantial, or just a bunch of noise? Did E3 move the needle in any way? I never doubted they would win may with God of War and Detroit, but the next few months are hard to judge. Then it should be back in Sony's court come September.

At this point I actually think Microsoft could grab a few of the summer months.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
Another great month for PS4 as expected. June is going to be interesting. Will the uproar over Fortnite be substantial, or just a bunch of noise? Did E3 move the needle in any way? I never doubted they would win may with God of War and Detroit, but the next few months are hard to judge. Then it should be back in Sony's court come September.

I think Fortnite will at least move a bit more Switch's and Xbox's off of the shelf cause of the drama, but just a small increase I bet. The reason why I think this is largely due to the MSM getting involved and reporting on the story, if it weren't that part of the story I don't think it would of had really any effect. 

Very good for PS4. DK did extremely well!!!! What else released on the Switch in may?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

animegaming said:
KBG29 said:

I think Fortnite will at least move a bit more Switch's and Xbox's off of the shelf cause of the drama, but just a small increase I bet. The reason why I think this is largely due to the MSM getting involved and reporting on the story, if it weren't that part of the story I don't think it would of had really any effect. 

What drama? you think people are gonna buy switch and xbox because they are pissed at sony, lol. most people don't even know cross play exists or even care.

Around the Network
quickrick said:
animegaming said:

What drama? you think people are gonna buy switch and xbox because they are pissed at sony, lol. most people don't even know cross play exists or even care.

The cross play drama, Matt on ResetERA said a few months back that Fortnite was responsible for a surprising amount of PS4's and Xbox One's being sold this year.

Also they might be learning what cross play is due to the mainstream media picking up this story.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/14/fortnite-playstation-4-gamers-outraged-over-switch-cross-play-issue.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-44477524

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/fortnite-ps4-switch-sony-response-1202846030/

I'm just saying that the mainstream media picking up this story might have some impact, I'm not saying it will be big factor of which system will take 1st, just a small impact.

animegaming said:
quickrick said:

The cross play drama, Matt on ResetERA said a few months back that Fortnite was responsible for a surprising amount of PS4's and Xbox One's being sold this year.

Also they might be learning what cross play is due to the mainstream media picking up this story.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/14/fortnite-playstation-4-gamers-outraged-over-switch-cross-play-issue.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-44477524

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/fortnite-ps4-switch-sony-response-1202846030/

I'm just saying that the mainstream media picking up this story might have some impact, I'm not saying it will be big factor of which system will take 1st, just a small impact.

I doubt it will have any impact, obviously anyone really pissed by this would own a switch, or a xbox one already. 

KBG29 said:

Going by prediction tool (in the US) it looks like PS4 is handily leading the pack, so far (June).
So looks to be a repeat of May, PS4 > NSW > XB1.

Uproar about fortnite is a big nothing burger, as is crossplatform something the vast majority simply dont care about, its the vocal minority and non playstation users usually that make all the noise (impact will be non exsistant).

E3? Every fanbase walked away kinda happy.... even Nintendo (who I thought had the worst e3 of the big 3) ones.

But did they win our hearts?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Soundwave said:
XBox One is starting to find some traction in non-holiday months ... the XBox One X has been a large boost for them, think mid-gen hardware refreshes are basically going to become the norm now.

I don’t get this logic. 2017 has been terrible for X1. After the Scorpio announcement X1 sales tanked hard...now things are back to normal. That’s all.