This week's Famitsu is a must for Ace Attorney fans. The magazine has looks at two Ace Attorney games: Ace Attorney 5 and Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney.
For Ace Attorney 5, the magazine confirms the sequel's platform as 3DS and reveals that Phoenix Wright is the main character. Wright has a new partner, a mysterious girl in yellow clothing. This girl will be a central figure in the game.
Layton vs Ace Attorney got a major ad on the magazine's back cover. The ad itself is a puzzle showing the characters "6211." Tales Source, a site that gets the magazine in advance, says that there are some clues which suggest that this number is meant to be read flipped around, showing 1129, or perhaps a November 29 release date.
Officially, Famitsu lists Ace Attorney 5 as date TBA and Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney with a 2012 time frame.
- playable at TGS
- 15 minute demo
- play and receive a special strap
- new female companion will be introduced at TGS
- set one year after the events of Ace Attorney 4
- follow Phoenix Wright's return to being a lawyer
- first chapter involves an explosion at the courthouse
- the person charged is a high school girl named Shinobu
- she's very weak and can go into spasms at any moment
- Wright will face off against Winston Payne's brother
- fully 3D characters
- select to give certain facial expressions during testimony
- seems that Shu Takumi is not fully involved with Ace Attorney 5
- Motohide Eshiro is producer, Go Yamazaki as scenario director, and Noriyuki Iwadare on music
Magazine pics at: