Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fix, Keep, or Ditch: Super Smash Bros. - Article - your opinion

Tagged games:

Fix, Keep, or Ditch: Super Smash Bros. - Article on gamrReview

 

So what is your opinion on the elements of the game mentioned in the article...

I must say I can agree with a lot of them. I only dislike two of the "ditch it"s:

Stages of Doom -

I think they should be kept, just because it can be fun to play on a stage that can and will work against you, of course it should not be randomly activated but more like the acid from the first SSB in the Metroid Stage.

Tripping -

Seriously! We had tripping contest when we played that game! Tripping is a fun addition for the casual play, but should be deactivateable.

And I would like to add a keep it (or more of a fix it):

Stage Editor -

sadly enough it did not get that much attention and I think it could've been implemented better, it worked well for what it was, but it felt like there were to little options to create a individual stage, they should've add more skins to the underground and give more possibility to let the creative players to their thing...

 

So whats your opinion? Any Fixes, Ditches or Keeps to add? Anything you don't agree with? Feeling the urge to prove me or the creator of the article wrong? Then share it!



Around the Network

...I cannot seem to get to gamrreview.com.

Did it go down after you post this?



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

spurgeonryan said:
...I cannot seem to get to gamrreview.com.

Did it go down after you post this?


Maybe... I am having issues accesing it right now... maybe somethings wrong over there...



I think that Nintendo did not like whatever the content in the article was and had ioi shut the whole site down!!! Kind of Brutal I think, but that is how it goes.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Stefl1504 said:

Fix, Keep, or Ditch: Super Smash Bros. - Article on gamrReview

 

So what is your opinion on the elements of the game mentioned in the article...

I must say I can agree with a lot of them. I only dislike two of the "ditch it"s:

Stages of Doom -

I think they should be kept, just because it can be fun to play on a stage that can and will work against you, of course it should not be randomly activated but more like the acid from the first SSB in the Metroid Stage.

Tripping -

Seriously! We had tripping contest when we played that game! Tripping is a fun addition for the casual play, but should be deactivateable.

And I would like to add a keep it (or more of a fix it):

Stage Editor -

sadly enough it did not get the much attention and I think it could've been implemented better, it worked well for what it was, but it felt like there were to little options to create a individual stage, they should've add more skins to the underground and give more possibility to let the creative players to their thing...

 

So whats your opinion? Any Fixes, Ditches or Keeps to add? Anything you don't agree with? Feeling the urge to prove me or the creator of the article wrong? Then share it!

@bold

 

That would be one of the main things that I had an issue with as well. I did have some fun with it, but it just felt off to me. I am not a developer, so I have no ideas for them, but it just felt like something was missing. I think it may have been the skins like you mentioned. Like I said it was fun, making booby traps for each other and stuff, but it seems like just a quick gimmick. Some people made some decent stages though.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network

Keep the trips imo, brings more randomness to the fights and surprise attacks from people ;p

Also for stages of doom, keep it, brings more variety!

They need to expand the stage creator, give more options and also enable a feature which allows you to use the said maps during online play (although it would require a person to obtain the data as well and save it in order to use it.

Also enough with the clones, make a exclusive gameplay control for each and every character. If they can make Luigi be different from Mario , I'm sure they can do the same for Ganondorf....



    

Basil's YouTube Channel


                    

I would keep chaotic stages and put tripping as an option. I would rather see a change on physics next game. Less floaty.



Keep the "stages of doom". If tourneyfags (if you'll pardon the expression) insist on turning the game into a Fox-fest in Final Destination, that's fine, but a lot of us enjoy a little pandemonium once in a while. And really, has anybody here actually been hit by the laser in Halberd? That thing gives you like a year to get out of the way.

I will agree with the writer that self-scrolling stages are totally lame. Tripping is lame too, but it doesn't happen very frequently so I've never been that bothered by it. I still don't see why it was added in the first place, though.

And finally, I don't see the point in saying "keep local multiplayer in Smash". It would be like saying "keep power-ups in Super Mario Bros." or "keep exploration in Metroid".

I agree with most everything else.

PS. Wolf is awesome. Falco's the one who needs to go.



Korppi said:

Keep the "stages of doom". If tourneyfags (if you'll pardon the expression) insist on turning the game into a Fox-fest in Final Destination, that's fine, but a lot of us enjoy a little pandemonium once in a while. And really, has anybody here actually been hit by the laser in Halberd? That thing gives you like a year to get out of the way.

I will agree with the writer that self-scrolling stages are totally lame. Tripping is lame too, but it doesn't happen very frequently so I've never been that bothered by it. I still don't see why it was added in the first place, though.

And finally, I don't see the point in saying "keep local multiplayer in Smash". It would be like saying "keep power-ups in Super Mario Bros." or "keep exploration in Metroid".

I agree with most everything else.

PS. Wolf is awesome. Falco's the one who needs to go.

@bolded

somehow I totally forgot about those... I have nothing against a changing environment, but these stages really just sucked...
btw my favourite map are  Hyrule Castle and Bridge of Eldin - the later one because of no falling down unless the bridge is bombed and the Castle because of its huuuuuge size and being able to survive to up to 999%



I like the chaotic stages.They add a another layer of depth into the mix but I would like to see more just plain stages.
Keep the smash ball,it turns the whole game into a cat and mouse bit when you see it flowing across the screen.
Remove the clones.
Add dlc in terms of characters,stages,maybe even items.
Add more depth into the stage creator
Add more third party characters
REMOVE TRIPPING
make the battles more faster like in melee