Quantcast
The Rise of BS - Star Wars Epi 9 SPOILERS

Forums - Movies Discussion - The Rise of BS - Star Wars Epi 9 SPOILERS

John2290 said:
I have no interest in watching it, i tried to watch TLJ again recently with a fresh head and I wanted to shoot myself half way through rather than sit it out all again. Wasted my money on that this year, no more Star wars for me unless it's a rerun of the OG trilogy, Revenge of the sith or Rouge one which I think is a film up there with the OG trilogy and the only one this decade that is even worth watching this late in the game. They killed star wars and unless they take a different time period and just build out a new story I can't see them getting my money again, I hope the Mandalorian is something that will fill this void once it comes to Ireland next year, for now I only know it has baby Yoda and I don't want to know anything else.

I would have to say its absolutely skippable. They shat all over Anakin and Lucas in it.



Around the Network
DarthJarvis said:
John2290 said:
I have no interest in watching it, i tried to watch TLJ again recently with a fresh head and I wanted to shoot myself half way through rather than sit it out all again. Wasted my money on that this year, no more Star wars for me unless it's a rerun of the OG trilogy, Revenge of the sith or Rouge one which I think is a film up there with the OG trilogy and the only one this decade that is even worth watching this late in the game. They killed star wars and unless they take a different time period and just build out a new story I can't see them getting my money again, I hope the Mandalorian is something that will fill this void once it comes to Ireland next year, for now I only know it has baby Yoda and I don't want to know anything else.

I would have to say its absolutely skippable. They shat all over Anakin and Lucas in it.

I thought so from the coverage, thanks for affirming and welcome to VGchartz, Darth Jarvis.



 

DarthJarvis said:
I enjoyed the movie.... however, in the grand scheme of things it was absolute garbage.


1. They made Palpatine the chosen one.
2. Force healing was absolutely garbage. Makes Anakins dive into darkness completely stupid.
3. It wasn't a Skywalker saga. It was a Palpatine saga.
4. If Palpatine needed a blood heir why kill his son?
5. If Leia senses what Ben will be and tells Luke... then why train ben to be strong and why would luke give him a reason to turn?
6. There was something else and I'll remember it.

Force Healing is nothing new, Disney didn't create it. It was not only in the old expanded universe, it was also part of canon long before episode 9 and The Mandalorian, because the ability was used in one of the Clone Wars story arcs.

Spoiler!
In the Mortis arc of the Clone Wars, Ahsoka dies, and the Daughter (a physical embodiment of the light side of the force), offers up her life energy to save Ahsoka.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 22 December 2019

shikamaru317 said:
DarthJarvis said:
I enjoyed the movie.... however, in the grand scheme of things it was absolute garbage.


1. They made Palpatine the chosen one.
2. Force healing was absolutely garbage. Makes Anakins dive into darkness completely stupid.
3. It wasn't a Skywalker saga. It was a Palpatine saga.
4. If Palpatine needed a blood heir why kill his son?
5. If Leia senses what Ben will be and tells Luke... then why train ben to be strong and why would luke give him a reason to turn?
6. There was something else and I'll remember it.

Force Healing is nothing new, Disney didn't create it. It was not only in the old expanded universe, it was also part of canon, because the ability was used in one of the Clone Wars story arcs.

Spoiler!
In the Mortis arc of the Clone Wars, Ahsoka dies, and the Daughter offers up her life energy to save Ahsoka, and Anakin uses Force Healing to transfer the Daughters life to Ahsoka. 

None of that exists to me. Especially since Anakin turns to try and save Padme because his fear of losing her.. if he already had this power then he wouldnt be so afraid. 

Ps clone wars = disney

8. If all ben has to do is witness a power and learn it (like Rey was able to do) why didnt he just start fucking everyone up with force lightening when he had no saber?

Last edited by DarthJarvis - on 22 December 2019

DarthJarvis said:
shikamaru317 said:

Force Healing is nothing new, Disney didn't create it. It was not only in the old expanded universe, it was also part of canon, because the ability was used in one of the Clone Wars story arcs.

Spoiler!
In the Mortis arc of the Clone Wars, Ahsoka dies, and the Daughter offers up her life energy to save Ahsoka via Force Healing.

None of that exists to me. Especially since Anakin turns to try and save Padme because his fear of losing her.. if he already had this power then he wouldnt be so afraid. 

Ps clone wars = disney

In order to heal a mortal would with Force Healing, one most offer up their own life or the life of another. There is equivalency involved.

Spoiler!
Ben was only able to save Rey by sacrificing his own life energy. The Child was able to heal Greef Karga in the latest episode of the Mandalorian without sacrificing his own life because the wound wasn't mortal yet. Yes, Anakin could have healed Padme if he was with her, but all he saw in his vision was her dying, he didn't know when or where it would happen. There was no guarantee for him that he would be present at her death in order to sacrifice himself to heal her, so he was looking for another way to save her life, preferably without sacrificing himself, hence why he was willing to work with Palpatine. That was not the only reason for Anakin's fall anyway, he was growing increasingly disillusioned with the Jedi throughout the War, and had already tapped into the dark side multiple times by that point. 

Also, the canon Clone Wars show started in 2008, years before Disney bought the IP, and George Lucas himself helped to co-create the 2008 Clone Wars show. It is as canon as canon gets.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 22 December 2019

Around the Network

Rey heals Ben with a mortal wound.... so... no.



DarthJarvis said:
Rey heals Ben with a mortal wound.... so... no.

2 possibilities. 

Spoiler!

1. The wound wasn't mortal. It looked like he got stabbed in the lower abdomen to me, not the chest.

2. Rey used the last of Leia's life force to heal Ben, as Leia was dying at the same time that all of that was happening. 

The first option seems more likely to me. I don't think that Rey could have used Leia's life force over such a long distance, I think Leia just dies from using Force Projection to talk to Ben over such a long distance, just like using Force Projection at a long distance killed Luke in episode 8. 



You're seriously reaching here. If it wasn't mortal then Rey wouldn't have needed to heal it. I mean, the whole tone of that scene was Rey's compassion brought Ben back from the dark side.

a lightsaber clean through (what looked to be the liver to me) is absolutely fatal. It was absolutely above the pelvis by a few inches



DarthJarvis said:
You're seriously reaching here. If it wasn't mortal then Rey wouldn't have needed to heal it. I mean, the whole tone of that scene was Rey's compassion brought Ben back from the dark side.

a lightsaber clean through (what looked to be the liver to me) is absolutely fatal.

I mean it's right on the canon section of Wookiepedia that equivalency is involved. You need to use some of your own life force to heal a wound with Force Healing, and if the wound is fatal, that means you have to sacrifice yourself basically. The novelization of the movie, once it releases, will likely explain that scene in more detail, and explain why Rey didn't die when healing Ben. As I said, they will most likely either state that the wound wasn't fatal, or that Leia's life force was used instead of Rey's.

"Force healing was the ability to heal oneself or others through use of the Force.[4] The user of Force healing would place their hand over the wound and pour their own Force energy into it, healing the target, although at the expenditure of the user's own vitality.[2]"



@DarthJarvis

By the way, here is Anakin using force heal to save Ahsoka in the Mortis arc of Clone Wars season 3. George Lucas himself came up with the idea for the Mortis arc, it is as canon as canon gets.

It is actually rumored right now, according to a supposed LucasFilm insider, that episode 9 was originally going to feature even more elements from the Mortis arc than it does now. If this insider is legit, then JJ and George Lucas collaborated on a version of episode 9's script that was going to include the Son, the physical embodiment of the dark side of the force, as the main enemy of episode 9, played by actor Matt Smith. The supposed insider says that Disney forced JJ to change the script and make Palpatine the main villain instead, because they were afraid that mainstream audiences who never saw The Clone Wars wouldn't understand the concept of the Son. Apparently the Dagger of Mortis was changed into the Sith dagger that Rey finds in this movie, when the script was re-written.