By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Rise of BS - Star Wars Epi 9 SPOILERS

I enjoyed the movie.... however, in the grand scheme of things it was absolute garbage.

1. They made Palpatine the chosen one.
2. Force healing was absolutely garbage. Makes Anakins dive into darkness completely stupid.
3. It wasn't a Skywalker saga. It was a Palpatine saga.
4. If Palpatine needed a blood heir why kill his son?
5. If Leia senses what Ben will be and tells Luke... then why train ben to be strong and why would luke give him a reason to turn?
6. There was something else and I'll remember it.

Around the Network

OH!
6.... IF FORCE GHOSTS CAN INTERACT WITH PHYSICAL OBJECTS SUCH AS LIGHT SABERS WHY THE FUCK DONT ALL OF THEM COME BACK FROM THE DEAD AND START FUCKING UP SITH. And I dont mean in Episode 9... I mean in like Episode 4... you hear Kenobi, Gin, Windu at the end... mother fuckers, use force ghost and wipe out that clone army. You're a ghost. You're unstoppable now.

7. The force making inanimate objects use Goku's instant teleportation was kinda stupid. I was able to ignore it when it happened with the Vader mask. It made for a cool fight dynamic but even if one of them landed a killing blow then itd be idiotic. For the last fight scene I could just shut that out of my mind and say since I didnt see it that Ben just force pulled it to him since he wasn't that far away.

Last edited by DarthJarvis - on 22 December 2019

As far as critics vs fan scores - and I say this as a critic (well when it comes to games anyway), a lot of critics can tend to have an agenda, focus more on the artistic nuances vs entertainment value, and/or could somewhat have biases thanks to Disney accommodating them. Not going full-on conspiratorial and saying these guys are paid under the table or something, but it could even just be more indirect by getting free screenings and thus looking at the film more favorably, or simply not wanting to piss off Disney execs and "rock the boat" too much. I know it my experience, while I strive to be objective as possible, this can be a tougher feat when tossed a free copy of a game.

With user scores, while many of them can also certainly come with their own agendas, there's at least a far greater pool of people to pull from so the cumulative average tends to be a bit more in line with the actual quality in terms of accuracy. The users tend to speak a bit more from the heart and have no reason to go out of their way to provide a review so you get the sense that they're (typically) more authentic. They aren't being paid, they don't need to bring traffic to their site/blog, etc. Of course - you DO also get the issue with fanboys of other consoles purposely trying to sabotage reviews (Sony vs Nintendo and vice-versa), though I think this is far more an issue in gaming than in films unless maybe we're talking DC vs Marvel or something.

That's not to discredit reviewers - I mean hey, they're getting paid usually to do what they do, so they obviously know what they're doing to SOME degree. But I think some forget that critics are just fans too (and sometimes maybe not EVEN fans), just fans that tend to be better writers than the average fan :P

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

John2290 said:
I have no interest in watching it, i tried to watch TLJ again recently with a fresh head and I wanted to shoot myself half way through rather than sit it out all again. Wasted my money on that this year, no more Star wars for me unless it's a rerun of the OG trilogy, Revenge of the sith or Rouge one which I think is a film up there with the OG trilogy and the only one this decade that is even worth watching this late in the game. They killed star wars and unless they take a different time period and just build out a new story I can't see them getting my money again, I hope the Mandalorian is something that will fill this void once it comes to Ireland next year, for now I only know it has baby Yoda and I don't want to know anything else.

I would have to say its absolutely skippable. They shat all over Anakin and Lucas in it.

shikamaru317 said:
DarthJarvis said:
I enjoyed the movie.... however, in the grand scheme of things it was absolute garbage.

1. They made Palpatine the chosen one.
2. Force healing was absolutely garbage. Makes Anakins dive into darkness completely stupid.
3. It wasn't a Skywalker saga. It was a Palpatine saga.
4. If Palpatine needed a blood heir why kill his son?
5. If Leia senses what Ben will be and tells Luke... then why train ben to be strong and why would luke give him a reason to turn?
6. There was something else and I'll remember it.

Force Healing is nothing new, Disney didn't create it. It was not only in the old expanded universe, it was also part of canon, because the ability was used in one of the Clone Wars story arcs.

Spoiler!
In the Mortis arc of the Clone Wars, Ahsoka dies, and the Daughter offers up her life energy to save Ahsoka, and Anakin uses Force Healing to transfer the Daughters life to Ahsoka. 

None of that exists to me. Especially since Anakin turns to try and save Padme because his fear of losing her.. if he already had this power then he wouldnt be so afraid. 

Ps clone wars = disney

8. If all ben has to do is witness a power and learn it (like Rey was able to do) why didnt he just start fucking everyone up with force lightening when he had no saber?

Last edited by DarthJarvis - on 22 December 2019

Around the Network

Rey heals Ben with a mortal wound.... so... no.

You're seriously reaching here. If it wasn't mortal then Rey wouldn't have needed to heal it. I mean, the whole tone of that scene was Rey's compassion brought Ben back from the dark side.

a lightsaber clean through (what looked to be the liver to me) is absolutely fatal. It was absolutely above the pelvis by a few inches

shikamaru317 said:

@DarthJarvis

By the way, here is Anakin using force heal to save Ahsoka in the Mortis arc of Clone Wars season 3. George Lucas himself came up with the idea for the Mortis arc, it is as canon as canon gets.

It is actually rumored right now, according to a supposed LucasFilm insider, that episode 9 was originally going to feature even more elements from the Mortis arc than it does now. If this insider is legit, then JJ and George Lucas collaborated on a version of episode 9's script that was going to include the Son, the physical embodiment of the dark side of the force, as the main enemy of episode 9, played by actor Matt Smith. The supposed insider says that Disney forced JJ to change the script and make Palpatine the main villain instead, because they were afraid that mainstream audiences who never saw The Clone Wars wouldn't understand the concept of the Son. Apparently the Dagger of Mortis was changed into the Sith dagger that Rey finds in this movie, when the script was re-written.

To be fair, force healing and basically every single power you can imagine that begins with "force" have existed in the extended universe way before The Clone Wars and the sequel trilogy, alongside other gems like the horse pilot, Darth Vader's magical glove, and space werewolves.

Now I know how TLJ fans must have felt. You could tell me a hundred things wrong with this movie. Hell, I just watched a 2.5 hour Angry Joe video that tore the film apart. I still like it. I don't care about the flaws. I had a good time and left the theater satisfied.

I've spent years telling people why they shouldn't like TLJ and I shouldn't have. If it gave you what you wanted then that's a great thing in these cynical times.

Okay so you point out that you have been keeping it positive with the new entries but also saying TLJ is your FAVORITE.

Like how does that make sense. Anywayz, TLJ was the weakest entry, it was enjoyable to watch but literally nothing happened and looking back idk its was a waste of time.

I just came back from RoS and honestly it is flawed yes, but it's the best one from the new trilogy. The most disappointing is the sometimes weak and cringe writing but overall the movie is good. The 3rd act was amazing and was one of the best in a star wars movie but overall the movie lacked from the weak story in this trilogy.