Quantcast
Official 2020 US Election: Democratic Party Discussion

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Election: Democratic Party Discussion

It seems as though Harris will continue to gain supporters from Biden's camp if she gives another good debate. I feel Warren and Sanders have a lot of crossover and the only decisive factor I can see is foreign policy, personally I favor Sanders especially in this area.

People are sleeping on Tulsi Gabbard rn but if she has a good performance next debate she could potentially compete with Harris in the polls.



 

Around the Network

Well we're now past the mid-way point between debate rounds. Here's the second quarter's fundraising data since it's bound to be a topic in the next round of debates at the end of this month:

Second Quarter Fundraising Totals

Trump: $54 million
Buttigieg: $24.8 million
Biden: $21.5 million
Warren: $19.1 million
Sanders: $18 million
Harris: $12 million

Average Donation Sizes

Biden: $49
Trump: $48
Buttigieg: $47.42
Harris: $39
Warren: $28
Sanders: $20

Data for the Democratic candidates.
Trump's data.

Warren and Sanders, notably, are the only candidates who refuse corporate donations and don't attend high-dollar fundraisers. Conversely, Trump, Biden, and Buttigieg are clearly the most popular candidates with wealthier voters. Trump also benefits from the official endorsement of the Republican National Committee and from unified Republican support, whereas Democratic donations have been split between many candidates since they have a competitive primary contest going on. Still, these numbers indicate that President Trump will enjoy a major financial advantage going into the general election and will be able to completely saturate both social media and the airwaves with ads and commercials in a way that his rivals simply won't be able to.

Also, here are the the current top three issue priorities of American voters broken down by class:

Voters With Household Incomes Under $50,000

Health care: 21%
Everday bills: 13%
Jobs: 10%

In other words, the leading concerns of working class people are the sorts of issues that candidates like Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders make the central focus of their campaigns. I am here.

Voters With Household Incomes Between $50,000 and $100,000

Health care: 20%
Everyday bills: 9%
Taxes: 9%

Taxes, not jobs for the propertied middle class. This is the Kamala Harris demographic. If taxes wake you up at 3 AM, you're spoiled.

Voters With Household Incomes Over $100,000

Taxes: 14% <-- Pffff, hahahahahaha!
Health care: 13% <-- Only 13%.
Immigration: 7% <-- Trump enthusiasts: you are here!

Last edited by Jaicee - on 14 July 2019

Jaicee said:

Well we're now past the mid-way point between debate rounds. Here's the second quarter's fundraising data since it's bound to be a topic in the next round of debates at the end of this month:

Second Quarter Fundraising Totals

Trump: $54 million
Buttigieg: $24.8 million
Biden: $21.5 million
Warren: $19.1 million
Sanders: $18 million
Harris: $12 million

Average Donation Sizes

Biden: $49
Trump: $48
Buttigieg: $47.42
Harris: $39
Warren: $28
Sanders: $20

Data for the Democratic candidates.
Trump's data.

Warren and Sanders, notably, are the only candidates who refuse corporate donations and don't attend high-dollar fundraisers. Conversely, Trump, Biden, and Buttigieg are clearly the most popular candidates with wealthier voters. Trump also benefits from the official endorsement of the Republican National Committee and from unified Republican support, whereas Democratic donations have been split between many candidates since they have a competitive primary contest going on. Still, these numbers indicate that President Trump will enjoy a major financial advantage going into the general election and will be able to completely saturate both social media and the airwaves with ads and commercials in a way that his rivals simply won't be able to.

Also, here are the the current top three issue priorities of American voters broken down by class:

Voters With Household Incomes Under $50,000

Health care: 21%
Everday bills: 13%
Jobs: 10%

In other words, the leading concerns of working class people are the sorts of issues that candidates like Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders make the central focus of their campaigns. I am here.

Voters With Household Incomes Between $50,000 and $100,000

Health care: 20%
Everyday bills: 9%
Taxes: 9%

Taxes, not jobs for the propertied middle class. This is the Kamala Harris demographic. If taxes wake you up at 3 AM, you're spoiled.

Voters With Household Incomes Over $100,000

Taxes: 14% <-- Pffff, hahahahahaha!
Health care: 13% <-- Only 13%.
Immigration: 7% <-- Trump enthusiasts: you are here!

How can anybody give a cent to Trump (or any other billionaire for that matter) while they can self-finance the whole ordeal?

Also, healthcare much lower than hoped. And WTF is taxes even doing there, especially in the 100K+ group? As if there hasn't been a big cut recently...

Considering the unemployment rate of below 4%, I think with Jobs most are thinking worthwhile jobs and less no jobs to be found.

Also interesting how the economy is becoming a rising issue. Looks like more and more the cracks are starting to be seen...



Um, by the way, did we already make note that Mike Gravel hit 65K donors? Not that it helps him, as still after Swalwell folded there are too many qualified for the second debate and donors alone don't help to qualify anymore.

http://www.graveldonorcount.com/



Greatest game event 2019: SIGN UP NOW!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

Joe Bidens plan to expand Obamacare. https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/15/politics/joe-biden-health-care-plan-obamacare-public-option/index.html
The plan will use federal subsidies to make Obamacare cheaper, include a public option, and allow for drug prices to be negotiated.



Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Joe Bidens plan to expand Obamacare. https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/15/politics/joe-biden-health-care-plan-obamacare-public-option/index.html
The plan will use federal subsidies to make Obamacare cheaper, include a public option, and allow for drug prices to be negotiated.

Looks like Biden is getting pulled to the left by the field, just like Clinton did due to Bernie Sanders in 2016.



Mnementh said:

Um, by the way, did we already make note that Mike Gravel hit 65K donors? Not that it helps him, as still after Swalwell folded there are too many qualified for the second debate and donors alone don't help to qualify anymore.

http://www.graveldonorcount.com/

Well, and now according to Wikipedia he got also the third poll at 1%. Which if true would mean he is pretty much safely into the second debate. And someone who only qualifies via poll get pushed out. Probably Steve Bullock. Again.

EDIT: Now the edit in the Wikipedia was reverted, although it was sourced. I cannot verify this, as I am not sure which polls count and which do not.

Last edited by Mnementh - on 16 July 2019

Greatest game event 2019: SIGN UP NOW!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter



July 30th Bullock Ryan Hick Delaney Marianne Amy Beto Pete Warren Sanders 
July 31st Tulsi DeBlasio Gillibrand Inslee Booker Bennet Yang Castro Biden Kamala


double post