Quantcast
Wild animal population plummets 60% in 44 years - WWF

Forums - General Discussion - Wild animal population plummets 60% in 44 years - WWF

China recently recognized how fast their population is aging, and the government lifted the one child policy and now introduced tax incentives for people to have more than one child.

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-demographic-time-bomb-one-child-limit-2018-8

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/11/world/asia/china-one-child-policy-birthrate.html



Around the Network
CuCabeludo said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Aging fast? How?

Because the number of people dying is either even with the number of newborns or greater (which means more people die than are born in some places).

I know what that means, but why is it happening?



Some days I just blow up.

CaptainExplosion said:
CuCabeludo said:

Because the number of people dying is either even with the number of newborns or greater (which means more people die than are born in some places).

I know what that means, but why is it happening?

it is a concensus that people are opting to have less, or no child because the costs to raise a child  today is too much and it is currently crushing the middle class finances. in places where the problem is becoming a demographic issue, governments are mulling even give a montly wage for people to have children.



Shouldn't have given us AIDS.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I don’t want to be that guy, and I like animals, but this statistic is highly dependent on their definition of ‘wild animals’.



Around the Network

there are many species that need protection and many nations are not helping, such as China allowing rhino and tiger products trade. some can only do so much to protect animals, like in africa and india, and the seas around Asia that have whale hunting.



 

well well......

Every country want growth & growth because they can get more tax & money and sell more product and go on..... unless there is a big change in every politics in world. the world is dead, and for me its over already, so many greedy company, corrupt politics and go on, nothing we can do anymore it's so late.

Even ppl, do everyone would like stop take flight and stop go in vaccation ? or eat beef etc etc ? some maybe, but never enough to stop this hell, and with more population every days, that getting worst.

I'm scared for my daughter, for me its no matter i will die before see the worst.

We need Ban flight + beef + plastic, and get birth control, but that will never happening, only one on way is plastic ban, but its so slow and only in few country.



Saeko said:

well well......

Every country want growth & growth because they can get more tax & money and sell more product and go on..... unless there is a big change in every politics in world. the world is dead, and for me its over already, so many greedy company, corrupt politics and go on, nothing we can do anymore it's so late.

Even ppl, do everyone would like stop take flight and stop go in vaccation ? or eat beef etc etc ? some maybe, but never enough to stop this hell, and with more population every days, that getting worst.

I'm scared for my daughter, for me its no matter i will die before see the worst.

We need Ban flight + beef + plastic, and get birth control, but that will never happening, only one on way is plastic ban, but its so slow and only in few country.

Mainly because we live in a giant ponzi scheme. Pension funds are right now heavily underfunded all over the world, basically, young people that are working today are paying the pensions of the ones that retired, and when these people get the age to retire, it is necessary to have enough new people joining the workforce to pay for their retirement.

If the number of people in workforce decreases due to less births, whereas the number of retirees increase due to aging population, the pension ponzi, which is already exploding, will go 10000% bust and all the people who contributed for their retirement for decades will sadly discover they won't retire because there is no money for them.



CuCabeludo said:

China recently recognized how fast their population is aging, and the government lifted the one child policy and now introduced tax incentives for people to have more than one child.

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-demographic-time-bomb-one-child-limit-2018-8

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/11/world/asia/china-one-child-policy-birthrate.html

Bad news for the world lol. They probably also recognise that the bigger their population the easier it will be to win the economic war with the US. 



why would the world wrestling federation be keeping track of wildlife populations/