By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Wild animal population plummets 60% in 44 years - WWF

I don’t want to be that guy, and I like animals, but this statistic is highly dependent on their definition of ‘wild animals’.

Around the Network

there are many species that need protection and many nations are not helping, such as China allowing rhino and tiger products trade. some can only do so much to protect animals, like in africa and india, and the seas around Asia that have whale hunting.

well well......

Every country want growth & growth because they can get more tax & money and sell more product and go on..... unless there is a big change in every politics in world. the world is dead, and for me its over already, so many greedy company, corrupt politics and go on, nothing we can do anymore it's so late.

Even ppl, do everyone would like stop take flight and stop go in vaccation ? or eat beef etc etc ? some maybe, but never enough to stop this hell, and with more population every days, that getting worst.

I'm scared for my daughter, for me its no matter i will die before see the worst.

We need Ban flight + beef + plastic, and get birth control, but that will never happening, only one on way is plastic ban, but its so slow and only in few country.

Saeko said:

well well......

Every country want growth & growth because they can get more tax & money and sell more product and go on..... unless there is a big change in every politics in world. the world is dead, and for me its over already, so many greedy company, corrupt politics and go on, nothing we can do anymore it's so late.

Even ppl, do everyone would like stop take flight and stop go in vaccation ? or eat beef etc etc ? some maybe, but never enough to stop this hell, and with more population every days, that getting worst.

I'm scared for my daughter, for me its no matter i will die before see the worst.

We need Ban flight + beef + plastic, and get birth control, but that will never happening, only one on way is plastic ban, but its so slow and only in few country.

Mainly because we live in a giant ponzi scheme. Pension funds are right now heavily underfunded all over the world, basically, young people that are working today are paying the pensions of the ones that retired, and when these people get the age to retire, it is necessary to have enough new people joining the workforce to pay for their retirement.

If the number of people in workforce decreases due to less births, whereas the number of retirees increase due to aging population, the pension ponzi, which is already exploding, will go 10000% bust and all the people who contributed for their retirement for decades will sadly discover they won't retire because there is no money for them.

CuCabeludo said:

China recently recognized how fast their population is aging, and the government lifted the one child policy and now introduced tax incentives for people to have more than one child.

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-demographic-time-bomb-one-child-limit-2018-8

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/11/world/asia/china-one-child-policy-birthrate.html

Bad news for the world lol. They probably also recognise that the bigger their population the easier it will be to win the economic war with the US. 

Around the Network

why would the world wrestling federation be keeping track of wildlife populations/

S.Peelman said:
I don’t want to be that guy, and I like animals, but this statistic is highly dependent on their definition of ‘wild animals’.

We should also note the source. The World Wildlife Fund is famous for exaggerating and embellishing, if not outright lying.  

It should also be noted that had declined in various life forms is not necessarily a good or bad thing. Note the word "necessarily".  I'm not saying that this is good. I'm just saying that this fact, if it is a fact, on its own doesn't really tell us much of value.

Kerotan said:
Rab said:

I don't think anyone is surprised, if the Earth can be described as a super organism , then surely Humans with our uncontrolled growth must be a cancer

As global temperatures rise, the huge mass of methane trapped under the deepest oceans will be released, nothing we have done up till now will compare, Methane is about 25x the hot house gas that carbon ever was, once we reach that tipping point your gaming days will be over 

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/methane-spewing-microbe-blamed-in-earths-worst-mass-extinction/ 

Not mine. There's no chance the doomsday scenario arrives in my time. 

In your lifetime? Depending on your age, it is highly possible if things don't change soon (which it wont)  

Kerotan said:
CuCabeludo said:

China recently recognized how fast their population is aging, and the government lifted the one child policy and now introduced tax incentives for people to have more than one child.

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-demographic-time-bomb-one-child-limit-2018-8

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/11/world/asia/china-one-child-policy-birthrate.html

Bad news for the world lol. They probably also recognise that the bigger their population the easier it will be to win the economic war with the US. 

Isn't the US already pretty much China's bitch?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

CaptainExplosion said:
CuCabeludo said:

Because the number of people dying is either even with the number of newborns or greater (which means more people die than are born in some places).

I know what that means, but why is it happening?

Modern medicine keeps people alive. Add to that, that the coming generations becoming old are bigger due to big growth happened after the two world wars (old people these days were alive at world war two). So the generations getting old are big and the younger generations are smaller, so overall the country ages. And again, modern medicine let's people get much older.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]