Quantcast
Nindie Café: digital espresso et al!

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nindie Café: digital espresso et al!

After Hollow Knight quickly became my second favorite Switch game I really need to get a Micro SD card and start researching more Indies! Oh, and obligatory Wargroove when.



Around the Network
GoOnKid said:

I think I'll pass. Not my type of game.

Always wanted to have ABUSE (and similarly controlled games) on the Wii due to the nunchuck and IR pointer. The control scheme like that used in My Friend Pedro works nice with pointer controls. Although I'm not sure if gyro is good enough.

Mar1217 said:

When is it suppose to go out ?

It was one of the few indies I was hyped for during E3.

I think it comes out around March 2019, not sure if that's the PC version or simultaneous release though.



@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

tag "¡Viva la Ñ!" - WRUR

Lonely_Dolphin said:
After Hollow Knight quickly became my second favorite Switch game I really need to get a Micro SD card and start researching more Indies! Oh, and obligatory Wargroove when.

do take a look at the branding of your micro SD, basically you wanna make sure that it's a known manufacturer if you don't have much exp with them, don't be buying a €10 200+GB Sancard one from amazon

If you're reading that and thinking .... surely he means Sandisk, no there are knock offs which have very similar names to real SD card makers and they're all over Amazon and they're all absolutely junk.

Please note, this link, is to absolute trash! Just linking it for lol's

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bondisk-SanCard-Class6-MicroSDHC-Smartphone-256gb/dp/B07DLXBQ9Z/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1536045080&sr=8-1&keywords=sancard&th=1

 

This link underneath btw is the one I'm using, really great speed and seems to be reliable from all the reviews and my experiences with it so far it seems on par with the built in system memory which some videos from digital foundry suggest is faster than most SD cards.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Mobile-UK-MicroSD-Adapter/dp/B06XFS5657/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1536045233&sr=1-5&keywords=256gb+micro+sd+card

saying that.....

I'll need to be looking at a larger card, or else migrating some of my games onto the older 128GB card I used to use, I'm thinking of just bringing across the huge games like Doom and then I can fit tons more titles on the main card I use.

Still guess 50gb is okay with almost everything installed from my library of games (don't have the WWE game fully installed as that takes up 17GB of storage space and is horrific)



Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Ganoncrotch said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
After Hollow Knight quickly became my second favorite Switch game I really need to get a Micro SD card and start researching more Indies! Oh, and obligatory Wargroove when.

do take a look at the branding of your micro SD, basically you wanna make sure that it's a known manufacturer if you don't have much exp with them, don't be buying a €10 200+GB Sancard one from amazon

If you're reading that and thinking .... surely he means Sandisk, no there are knock offs which have very similar names to real SD card makers and they're all over Amazon and they're all absolutely junk.

Please note, this link, is to absolute trash! Just linking it for lol's

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bondisk-SanCard-Class6-MicroSDHC-Smartphone-256gb/dp/B07DLXBQ9Z/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1536045080&sr=8-1&keywords=sancard&th=1

 

This link underneath btw is the one I'm using, really great speed and seems to be reliable from all the reviews and my experiences with it so far it seems on par with the built in system memory which some videos from digital foundry suggest is faster than most SD cards.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Mobile-UK-MicroSD-Adapter/dp/B06XFS5657/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1536045233&sr=1-5&keywords=256gb+micro+sd+card

saying that.....

I'll need to be looking at a larger card, or else migrating some of my games onto the older 128GB card I used to use, I'm thinking of just bringing across the huge games like Doom and then I can fit tons more titles on the main card I use.

Still guess 50gb is okay with almost everything installed from my library of games (don't have the WWE game fully installed as that takes up 17GB of storage space and is horrific)

Yeah I've seen all them shameless fakes, just waiting until the holiday sales before I get one. I go physical whenever possible so 128gb should hopefully be enoughs for me.

I'm backs, and decided to break into this little place. I'm necrobumping it, but who gives a damn, it isn't that busy over here.

Played Flat Heroes during the holidays and that was a blast, instant success.
Challenges, campaign, multiplayer, solo, lots of content in there.

We called it the squid game, and since it doesn't seem to be owned by anyone at VGC
Please have a look *snaps fingers*


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn0usiJR6HE

Last edited by TomaTito - on 02 April 2019

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

tag "¡Viva la Ñ!" - WRUR

Around the Network

Oh, the café is open again!

For those that haven't tried GRIS I highly recommend that game, but my advice is to ignore achievements and collectibles during your first playtrough and replay levels later if you want to go for 100% completion. The game is really beautiful and has a great flow, something that hunting for achievements will break.

Last weekend I played Old Man's Journey, a puzzle-adventure where you have to guide an old man towards his goal. Just like GRIS it's a beautiful game that uses imagery to tell its story - which was quite good - so I'd recommend this one as well.



TomaTito said:

I'm backs, and decided to break into this little place. I'm necrobumping it, but who gives a damn, it isn't that busy over here.

Played Flat Heroes during the holidays and that was a blast, instant success.
Challenges, campaign, multiplayer, solo, lots of content in there.

We called it the squid game, and since it doesn't seem to be owned by anyone at VGC
Please have a look *snaps fingers*


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn0usiJR6HE

Looks neat. I'll add it to my wish list. 



The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

forest-spirit said:
Oh, the café is open again!

For those that haven't tried GRIS I highly recommend that game, but my advice is to ignore achievements and collectibles during your first playtrough and replay levels later if you want to go for 100% completion. The game is really beautiful and has a great flow, something that hunting for achievements will break.

Last weekend I played Old Man's Journey, a puzzle-adventure where you have to guide an old man towards his goal. Just like GRIS it's a beautiful game that uses imagery to tell its story - which was quite good - so I'd recommend this one as well.

Welcome, welcome! Coffee drips ready, and we have new cake slices to try.
BTW thanks for the suggestions, specially Old Man's Journey, I'll have a look at it.
But isn't GRIS supposed to be a bit short though?

Cerebralbore101 said:
TomaTito said:

Played Flat Heroes during the holidays and that was a blast, instant success.
Challenges, campaign, multiplayer, solo, lots of content in there.

We called it the squid game, and since it doesn't seem to be owned by anyone at VGC
Please have a look *snaps fingers*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn0usiJR6HE

Looks neat. I'll add it to my wish list. 

There's an extensive demo with the first few worlds of the campaign, maybe try that first and see if it's of your fancy.
I played the demo a few times before and then got it during a sale.



@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

tag "¡Viva la Ñ!" - WRUR

TomaTito said:

Have a cuppa

You're spilling it!!!!!

For the topic, Stardew Valley is now my #2 most played Switch game (will be number 1) thanks largely to the multiplayer option.

There is a little gem on the Switch called "Don't Starve" and I think having the multiplayer version of that would be phenomenal (I have recently played it a few times on Steam, and found it to be an outstanding experience). I would LOVE to play that one with friends on Switch.



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

TomaTito said:
forest-spirit said:
Oh, the café is open again!

For those that haven't tried GRIS I highly recommend that game, but my advice is to ignore achievements and collectibles during your first playtrough and replay levels later if you want to go for 100% completion. The game is really beautiful and has a great flow, something that hunting for achievements will break.

Last weekend I played Old Man's Journey, a puzzle-adventure where you have to guide an old man towards his goal. Just like GRIS it's a beautiful game that uses imagery to tell its story - which was quite good - so I'd recommend this one as well.

Welcome, welcome! Coffee drips ready, and we have new cake slices to try.
BTW thanks for the suggestions, specially Old Man's Journey, I'll have a look at it.
But isn't GRIS supposed to be a bit short though?

It's short, even if you do all the achievements, but at the end I didn't have a problem with that. If anything I felt like the length was just right. I have had many issues with games overstaying their welcome in the past months so I was glad that GRIS didn't end up in that category.

But if that's an issue then I suggest you wait for a sale. I believe the game was 50% off or something when I got it so.