Quantcast
NeoGAF in shambles (now back, no OT discussion, statement from Evilore)

Forums - General Discussion - NeoGAF in shambles (now back, no OT discussion, statement from Evilore)

Soundwave said:
I can't really speak too much about feminism and I certainly don't want to excuse bad/illegal behavior. No one deserves to be harassed or assaulted.

I guess though I'm just not that surprised in a way. Men just don't know what they're doing around a woman. 99% of us don't. There's a few that do, but they're quite rare. There's no manual that tells us what to do, all we have to really go on is other men who are usually equally stupid with women, lol.

It's not that we're terrible people, it's just 99% of us are not very good with women, really. I know jocks (I like to play sports and lift weights), I know computer dorks (I like video games), I know business suits, I know blue collar electricians. The truth is most men don't know what to do around a semi-attractive woman or will end up doing something stupid if given enough time to do so. It's almost inevitable. I don't say that as an excuse, just that it unfortunately seems to happen a lot regardless of the type of man.

Now hopefully usually it's a harmless, sometimes funny thing, but unfortunately it can just as easily be something creepy/weird. Been in a house with a man? Guess what? There's jizz likely in places you would think there couldn't possible be. lol. Again truth.

I think trying to make it a issue of politics when it is probably more an issue of human nature doesn't really work. Men need to be better about this stuff, but I think if women could actually go inside the mind of a man, they'd probably be stunned at how clueless we are about a lot of the whole sex/dating/relationships/flirting stuff (NOT that this excuses bad behavior, but it probably is the first domino that starts a chain reaction to guys who are assholes and cross the line).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k



Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
monocle_layton said:

Equity, not equality. A women who's pregnant shouldn't be expected to work 70 hours just because I could. At the same time, a man taking care of 2 kids shouldn't be expected to work 65 hours because a single woman can.

 

You constantly keep going in a circle and saying 'well what inequalities'. That was never my fucking argument. You clearly stated you personally don't treat women like garbage and think they're clearly treated well. How does that negate feminism?

 

A movement is not supposed to constantly be changing for better or worse. If things seem fine, then there's nothing wrong with standing still for a short or permanent amount of time. How complicated is that? 

 

I'm thinking rationally, and instead of constantly going on about how I'm 'irrational', maybe you should stop repeating the same argument.

Hmm. I guess I'll pipe in for a bit on Feminism. Feminism is a social movement and it's original goal was for equality for women. Because it's a movement and not a definition for "belief in women's equality" or "belief in equality of the sexes", it changes over time just like how any other movement changed over time because the people that organized them changed out or goals were accomplished, etc. There's a lot of literature about feminism being a movement and how it changed over the years hence the 1st wave feminism, 2nd wave feminism, etc.

I believe that feminism is purely a movement and that as a movement it can deviate from or hurt the overall goal of the movement (I believe that it did). I think that's what alot of "anti-feminists" or regular people are basically saying in their criticisms about feminism of today.

I believe in actual equality as in everyone having a equal or near equal chance at something regardless of their race, creed, sexuality or sex except in certain cases. I don't believe in giving a woman a job because she's a woman (except for certain jobs) or because there's not enough women in some given job. The only thing they're entitled to is an equal shot for a position as anyone else. That's what equality is. I believe that alot of the leaders or voices of feminism of today aren't interested in my sort of equality because it would take away any advantages they have at being a woman while correcting anything on the flip side of it. I agree that people get hung up on the terminology of it all and it turning into a shitshow without getting to the meat of it. 

Honestly, you bring up good points. Not much I can honestly respond with



Soundwave said:
Wyrdness said:

Before it crashed and burned this week Gaf was probably the biggest gaming forum around for reference they ranked 25th in US for online traffic, this is the board that had gaming devs, journalists, analysts and so on amongst their daily users and their now infamous founder was offered $10m to sell the site two years ago.

In the last 3 months they've had like 30m views so they're far bigger than any other gaming board.

25th? Wow, had no idea it was that big. 

I read somewhere that it was the 24th biggest gaming site.



I was part of vgchartz when it started. All the drama between evillore and ioi and ioi will have to he final laugh. Lmao. I eventually stopped posting here cause it got horrible with Naznatips and some other Nintendo fanboys. But neogaf.... now that's a different beast. The moderation was one of the worst I've seen in my life. They are just as guilty for promoting witch hunts on people, and overreacting over anything. I stopped posting when it got full of crazy sjws during gamer gate. That as well as Trump winning pretty much affected their mental health. Sup at the old posters. Soriku, the source, superchunk, rolstoppalbe, liquidmetsl, Leoj.



monocle_layton said:
Aeolus451 said:

Hmm. I guess I'll pipe in for a bit on Feminism. Feminism is a social movement and it's original goal was for equality for women. Because it's a movement and not a definition for "belief in women's equality" or "belief in equality of the sexes", it changes over time just like how any other movement changed over time because the people that organized them changed out or goals were accomplished, etc. There's a lot of literature about feminism being a movement and how it changed over the years hence the 1st wave feminism, 2nd wave feminism, etc.

I believe that feminism is purely a movement and that as a movement it can deviate from or hurt the overall goal of the movement (I believe that it did). I think that's what alot of "anti-feminists" or regular people are basically saying in their criticisms about feminism of today.

I believe in actual equality as in everyone having a equal or near equal chance at something regardless of their race, creed, sexuality or sex except in certain cases. I don't believe in giving a woman a job because she's a woman (except for certain jobs) or because there's not enough women in some given job. The only thing they're entitled to is an equal shot for a position as anyone else. That's what equality is. I believe that alot of the leaders or voices of feminism of today aren't interested in my sort of equality because it would take away any advantages they have at being a woman while correcting anything on the flip side of it. I agree that people get hung up on the terminology of it all and it turning into a shitshow without getting to the meat of it. 

Honestly, you bring up good points. Not much I can honestly respond with

Why are you guys still taking the thread off-topic for? As mods have said before, it’s about neogaf falling apart, not this political bs. I’m not a political person myself and I don’t appreciate having political thrown in my face when the current topic isn’t about that. 

 

Im not trying to be rude but it’s kinda annoying reading a thread and then having you guys talk political. 



Around the Network

Was this the reason that vgchartz was slow as fuck for two days or is that just a coincidence? =P

Whatever, screw Gaf, never cared for it anyway.



Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:
Was this the reason that vgchartz was slow as fuck for two days or is that just a coincidence? =P

Whatever, screw Gaf, never cared for it anyway.

No it wasn’t. Site was down for announced scheduled maintenance.



jlauro said:
Lawlight said:

I think about 100 of us post regularly here.

Random stats of last 20 days:

+----------------------+----------+------------+
|                  286 |     1141 | 2017-10-22 |
|                  190 |      473 | 2017-10-21 |
|                  282 |     1028 | 2017-10-20 |
|                  325 |     1269 | 2017-10-19 |
|                  307 |      974 | 2017-10-18 |
|                  321 |     1227 | 2017-10-17 |
|                  276 |     1065 | 2017-10-16 |
|                  303 |     1054 | 2017-10-15 |
|                  242 |      816 | 2017-10-14 |
|                  276 |      945 | 2017-10-13 |
|                  285 |     1094 | 2017-10-12 |
|                  304 |     1439 | 2017-10-11 |
|                  282 |     1130 | 2017-10-10 |
|                  292 |     1169 | 2017-10-09 |
|                  251 |     1140 | 2017-10-08 |
|                  250 |      918 | 2017-10-07 |
|                  289 |     1129 | 2017-10-06 |
|                  314 |     1203 | 2017-10-05 |
|                  326 |     1541 | 2017-10-04 |
|                  274 |     1016 | 2017-10-03 |
+----------------------+----------+------------+
Number of posters, and number of total posts for each day.
For each month this year:
+----------------------+----------+------+
|                  877 |    24199 |   10 |
|                  895 |    28366 |    9 |
|                  939 |    30213 |    8 |
|                  936 |    31156 |    7 |
|                 1075 |    51075 |    6 |
|                  999 |    35183 |    5 |
|                 1007 |    37544 |    4 |
|                 1050 |    41076 |    3 |
|                 1016 |    37880 |    2 |
|                 1144 |    61010 |    1 |
+----------------------+----------+------+
I like random stats...

So there's about 200-300 posters here. 



Frank_kc said:
OdinHades said:
Was this the reason that vgchartz was slow as fuck for two days or is that just a coincidence? =P

Whatever, screw Gaf, never cared for it anyway.

No it wasn’t. Site was down for announced scheduled maintenance.

Oh, ok.



Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Kotaku has an interview with the accuser, not sure if it's been posted but uh this kinda stands out:

https://kotaku.com/neogaf-goes-dark-after-sexual-misconduct-allegation-aga-1819755151

"In a phone conversation with Kotaku, Leupp said that even after the alleged shower incident, she’d continued her friendship and even had a brief physical relationship with Malka until they had a falling out at E3 2015.

Eh ... what? She had a relationship with this Malka guy?