Quantcast
The Official Heavy Metal Thread

Forums - Music Discussion - The Official Heavy Metal Thread

Do you like extreme metal?

Yes 42 63.64%
 
No 16 24.24%
 
See Results 8 12.12%
 
Total:66
Bristow9091 said:

Scary4Eva said: 

I love Coldrain. I want their new CD. I've heard a few songs by Crossfaith. I liked what I heard.

I wanted to buy a copy of Fateless when it released but couldn't find it on Amazon or any online store, unless I want to buy the digital soundtrack, but I like buying my albums on disc! So I've had to settle with just listening to it on Spotify, lol. Hopefully they'll be in the UK again sometime in the future though, already seen them once and they were amazing.

As for Crossfaith, seen them live three times now and they just keep getting better and better. They need to hurry up with their next album though, although they did release a three song EP last month, and they do seem to release songs quite frequently... just no word on a new album yet though :o 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4c2tGS83e4

I've checked on Amazon too and found they are only selling the digital version of Fateless. I like owning the actual disc as well. CDjapan.co.jp is selling the actual CD. I just haven't had the money to buy it yet. So cool you got to see them in concert. I would love to, but I don't know if they've ever toured America.

I know One Ok Rock isn't metal, but I saw them last year. They were great.



My blog: CherokeeWriter on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

Around the Network



Album of the Week: Dark Angel - Darkness Descends (1986)

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h37V7cKIry8

 

Man, why did I avoid listening to Dark Angel for so long? It's actually really strange, as for some reason it was because they reminded me of Death Angel, and I thought they were death metal? Now, why the hell did that sway me away? I like both Death Angel and death metal In any case, I'm glad I listened to this album, I have been blasting it now. It's a great thrash metal album, I highly recommend it for those of you who haven't already done so.



VGPolyglot said:

Strangely enough I never would have guessed you liked Strapping Young Lad, lol... did you ever follow Devin Townsend afterwards? y'know, with his (very unoriginally named) Devin Townsend Project, lol. 



Bristow9091 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Strangely enough I never would have guessed you liked Strapping Young Lad, lol... did you ever follow Devin Townsend afterwards? y'know, with his (very unoriginally named) Devin Townsend Project, lol. 

Yeah, I like Strapping Young Lad I have listened to Biomech, I haven't really gone further than that though. Do you have any recommendations?



Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:

Yeah, I like Strapping Young Lad I have listened to Biomech, I haven't really gone further than that though. Do you have any recommendations?

Well if you're into more prog stuff, then I'd definitely suggest checking out Devin Townsend Project, seen him live twice now and he's never disappointed on the stage either, but the albums really are something else, his latest, Transcendance, was one of my favourite albums of 2016;



Bristow9091 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Yeah, I like Strapping Young Lad I have listened to Biomech, I haven't really gone further than that though. Do you have any recommendations?

Well if you're into more prog stuff, then I'd definitely suggest checking out Devin Townsend Project, seen him live twice now and he's never disappointed on the stage either, but the albums really are something else, his latest, Transcendance, was one of my favourite albums of 2016;

Hopefully they have that on Spotify, because the video is blocked in my country.



VGPolyglot said:
Bristow9091 said:

Well if you're into more prog stuff, then I'd definitely suggest checking out Devin Townsend Project, seen him live twice now and he's never disappointed on the stage either, but the albums really are something else, his latest, Transcendance, was one of my favourite albums of 2016;

Hopefully they have that on Spotify, because the video is blocked in my country.

The irony when a Canadian kid can't listen to a Canadian musician on YouTube, lol :P

But yeah, all his stuff is on Spotify :)



Bristow9091 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Hopefully they have that on Spotify, because the video is blocked in my country.

The irony when a Canadian kid can't listen to a Canadian musician on YouTube, lol :P

Well, fortunately it is on Spotify!!



VGPolyglot said:
Bristow9091 said:

The irony when a Canadian kid can't listen to a Canadian musician on YouTube, lol :P

Well, fortunately it is on Spotify!!

Yeah just edited that into my other post since I forgot to mention it :P