By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - The Official Heavy Metal Thread

Do you like extreme metal?

Yes 43 63.24%

No 17 25.00%

See Results 8 11.76%

Total:68

I've been listening to Necrophobic, surprised that I didn't really listen to them much before considering that they're a Swedish death metal band from the 90s

Around the Network

Thank you for reminding me that Necrophobic have a new album out. Will have to give it a spin in the next few days.

drbunnig said:
Thank you for reminding me that Necrophobic have a new album out. Will have to give it a spin in the next few days.

I'm so far behind on releases, that there's no way I can ever catch up. I guess that's when happens when you're born almost 40 years after the genre has started.

Man, getting Spotify on my computer has gotten me to add a shit ton of more bands and albums!! Hopefully I can continue to discover more

Awesome heavy metal from France:

Around the Network

Some thrashing, well, thrash metal!

LOL, I had an interesting dream last night, I must say. My dream was that there was a band that were scheduled to record an album, but their drummer didn't show up and they hadn't written any songs, so I ended up being the back-up drummer and we had to improvise them. I remember that the album was mainly death metal, with the exception of one power metal song and some short guitar-feedback interludes. I remember that the album was 27 minutes long. It was an interesting dream, I must say. Maybe I need to actually make my own album like this now

LOL, this is hilarious!!

Album of the Week: Loudness - Thunder in the East (1984)

Embed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U7_o7kHm-8

Loudness were the first Japanese metal band to really break through stateside, and this is their most popular of them all!! It's classic 80s metal, and I'd highly recommend it to those who are a fan of the good ol' style of metal. My favourite track on here may be Like Hell, though I'd have to listen to the album a few more times before having a definitive answer.

I'm considering this thread abandoned as of now, a mod can lock it if he sees this post.