Quantcast
Interesting (Wonderful 101 sales on Amazon)

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Interesting (Wonderful 101 sales on Amazon)

Fusioncode said:
Price drop.


Why didn't it get the bump 2 months ago?



Around the Network

nobody buyed the wii u just because of mk8. mk8 was just the last piece. why w 101? the price is good, the game is highly praised and its different from the rest of wii u games. i bet we will see good wii u software sales this summer.



Price is definitely the biggest reason, but I think what makes it interesting is that it could be new WiiU owners who are buying it. W101 it has been on sale for months, I think was around $30 possibly less (mid $20-ish). So, could ~$13 discount really have that much of an effect? Well, yes, but possibly with a little help from MK8.



Kaizar said:
Fusioncode said:
Price drop.


Why didn't it get the bump 2 months ago?

What the hell are you talking about? It was on sale so it got a boost. 



Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
Kaizar said:
Fusioncode said:
Price drop.


Why didn't it get the bump 2 months ago?

What the hell are you talking about? It was on sale so it got a boost. 


After a suggested retail price of under $20 for 2 months. Why the 60 or so day delay for a sales boost of the same below $20 price tag?



Around the Network

b

Kaizar said:
Fusioncode said:
Kaizar said:
Fusioncode said:
Price drop.


Why didn't it get the bump 2 months ago?

What the hell are you talking about? It was on sale so it got a boost. 


After a suggested retail price of under $20 for 2 months. Why the 60 or so day delay for a sales boost of the same below $20 price tag?

The suggested retail price is $30. Amazon was selling it for $18 today and yesterday, though now its backordered so the $18 price doesn't appear on the amazon front page. With amazon you see old and niche games climb to the top of the list all the time when they go on sale.



It's soo damn cheap! It's still $68 here!

I implore all Wii U owners to buy this game. Just dont order a big meal at McDonalds for the next 2 weeks and youll have paid it off.

It greatly deserves more attention!!!

(If it was this cheap here I would buy another copy)



Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

 

I wonder exactly how many copies this actually translates to, though.



snowdog said:
burninmylight said:
I'm just glad more people will experience this game. Sounds like most people are using their free Club Nintendo game on Wind Waker

Yup, looks like it given its appearance on the Plaza.

I'd say these Wonderful 101 sales are due to the hardware sales increase because of Mario Kart 8. Good to see.

Wouldn't surprise me if we see an increase in software sales for other key exclusives for third parties too such as ZombiU, Rayman Legends and Monster Hunter.

If Nintendo had any sense they would get together with Ubisoft and fund ZombiU 2, the first game should have done well over 1m by now if you take digital sales into account.

You bring up an interesting point. How are other exclusives that should be awfully cheap right now, like MH3U and Zombi U, doing on Amazon?

I'd say if Nintendo had any sense, it would either buy the IP itself or pay for the license to have Retro or the team that does the Fatal Frame games work on it.  After Prince of Persia (GameCube), XIII, Splinter Cell (Wii U),  de Blob, 'sin's Creed 3 and my short time with Zombi U, I wouldn't trust Ubi with my money to put out a polished game worthy of the "published by Nintendo" label.

Ubisoft makes decent games, but there has yet to be a single game coming from it that I would consider a masterpiece.



burninmylight said:

Ubisoft makes decent games, but there has yet to be a single game coming from it that I would consider a masterpiece.


Ill admit a lot of their stuff feels production lined these days but not a single game? Not even Rayman Legends? Easily one of the best games of last year imo.