XB1 > Wii U > PS4
With all the recent threads about how the PS4 will win and XB1 will fail to do too well, I decided to make my own prediction claiming the opposite. I believe that the order for system sales will be: 3DS > XB1 > Wii U > PS4 > Vita. I won't get into HH's in the OP, but here are my reasons for XB1 being top dog.
- The Xbox brand is much stronger than people realize. According to google trends the XBox name was googled more than the Wii + Wii U & PS3 + PS4. Obviously, this doesn't guarantee anything but back in 2004 (farthest you can go back) PS2 was the winner based on google searches. Last gen? Wii was the most searched. DS also beat the PSP & 3DS easily wins over the Vita in terms of searches. Halo is also a very strong brand and is searched way more than any Nintendo or Sony series besides for...Pokemon. (Who would've thought?)
- Microsoft has loads of money to spend and will surely market the crap out of the XB1. $1 Billion? Wouldn't surprise me. I've already seen XB1 adds in the movie theater.
- Microsoft seems to have a concrete plan in place to make the XB1 succeed. They have been creating new series as well as buying exclusive 3rd party games. I expect this to continue and they will build up their 1st party games. They also may release a new gameplay peripheral such as Illumiroom which could spark interest in the system. Kinect should still sell systems as well.
Next, things against the PS4...history.
- The most powerful system has never won a generation...ever. Why? Who knows. You can't say it's because of price though because the PS1 & PS2 dominated despite not being the lowest priced system.
- Ever since the PS1, the "normal" system has never won a generation. What I mean by "normal" is a system that doesn't do much different besides for being more powerful. I believe many factors helped the original PS's win but some of the bigger factors were the incorporation of a CD & DVD player. The PS3 never had that "special" thing due to bluray not taking off. PS4 also has nothing that sticks out. (For now)
- Sony isn't in the best position to get into a price war with Microsoft or Nintendo. This could hurt them in the longrun.
Finally, why will Wii U outsell PS4?
- I believe that Nintendo actually can make something of the Gamepad. I think this will begin with Wii Party U. I also fully expect some type of Pokemon game that could be a huge hit if done right.
- Nintendo has the biggest series in the industry which they can rely heavily on.
- The price is cheaper than the PS4 which will help.
Anyone on this site actually agree?