By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: XBox 1 will win the generation (consoles)

RolStoppable said:

I have to disrespectfully agree with this post. Jackass.

Your agreeing with me makes me feel intensely uncomfortable and must violate some kind of anti-harassment rule. Reported.

Around the Network

How will they manage that without winning Japan, Europe or "rest of the world"?

North America is important, but the type of domination you'd have to achieve to off set all the other regions does not seem possible to me.

World wide I would be stunned to see either Microsoft or Nintendo end up outselling Sony in the next generation. I do find the battle for second place very interesting and could go either way as of right now.

badgenome said:

No chance. The 360 had everything going in its favor this generation, and it still couldn't outsell the PS3. After the way MS has stumbled out of the gates so far, I don't see how they're going to improve their position generation over generation. The fact that they were apparently willing to scrap their entire "vision" for their console speaks volumes about where the Xbox division is at the moment.

As for the Wii U, the Gamecube had all those same Nintendo series and was also cheaper than the Playstation...

The XB360 had a lack of exclusive support IMO. If XB1 can fix this issue as well as get more 3rd party support, that would help. Plus, Kinect has a lot of potential. I could be wrong though.

As for Wii U? I don't think the whole GC thing is a valid reason as to why Wii U won't sell well. It'd be like saying Wii U will do very well because the Wii did. Each generation is different and doesn't directly effect the next IMO. This logic also doesn't work for 2 reasons:

1) Nintendo has grown as a company since then. They have much more money and their series are much bigger than before.

2) (main reason) The PS2 was the easy choice back in 2001. Sony had nearly every single 3rd party game all to itself. The fact that it doubled as a DVD player was also a very big factor for the GP. The core fans obviously had its sides but the GP picking PS2 was just about the easiest gaming desision someone could make.

i don't really see why anyone could possibly want an Xbone.

To me the exclusives for it seem boring and uninspired.

PS4 hasn't got that much more to offer, however it does have the Sony 1st party titles.

Nintendo has the 1st party and some partnership exclusives, which to me all seem like fantastic games.

i do think objectively that the PS4 will be the market leader for the coming generation, and i am unsure about Xbone and Wii U.

Augen said:
How will they manage that without winning Japan, Europe or "rest of the world"?

North America is important, but the type of domination you'd have to achieve to off set all the other regions does not seem possible to me.

World wide I would be stunned to see either Microsoft or Nintendo end up outselling Sony in the next generation. I do find the battle for second place very interesting and could go either way as of right now.

Who said they can't take Europe? 

I'm sure no one expected Nintendo to...

Around the Network

You lost me when you said the WiiU will sell more than the ps4. lol

Ps4 > xbox one > Wii U
I think most people expect to see those results

MS may win in the USA, but not by a big number like the 360 did, maybe 19 million for the xbox one and 17 for the ps4? I don't know.
Same with Mexico and Canada, since they're basically a part of the north american market.

outside the ps4 will outsell the xbox one
and well the Wii U will only outsell xbox one on Japan

Well your points were somewhat reasonable then you mentioned the wii u beating out the ps4.

yeah and vita will outsell 3ds

Nope, not gonna happen.  With literally everything going for them this time out, they still couldnt beat the PS3 and the clusterfuck of problems.

Think about it.

• The 360 launched 12-18 Months earlier
  • The 360 has been far cheaper the entire generation
  • The 360 was easy to develop for, while the PS3 was a nightmare for developers. Meaning better multiplats for the 360
  • The 360 got the Kinect boost, because it was "new" tech
  • The 360 was the go to online console, due to the superior online and pack-in headset

They literally have none of those advantages this time out. Theyre launching at the same time. The PS4 is cheaper. The PS4 is a dream to develop for. Kinect is no longer new and hyped. The PS4 has a "headset" while the One relies on Kinect in the box.

Ill counter your points in the OP anyway.

• The Xbox brand is really only strong in America and Britain. Outside of these areas, the brand really isnt that strong at all.
  • Microsft had Billions to spend when they launched the Xbox. It finished a distant 2nd. Microsoft had Billions to spend when they launched the 360. Theyre currently in last place. Having Billions to spend doesnt mean the product will "win".
  • Is this the same concrete plan that they recently did a 180 on? 

The brand isnt strong enough outside of America and Britain. Theyre gonna get stomped. Its gonna be brutal.

Thats the Xbox out of the way, Ill move onto your PS4 points now.

• The most powerful console has never before been cheaper than the competition, while at the same time recieving brilliant support from 1st parties and 3rd parties. This is an anomoly and it cant be used as a negative against the PS4. Its a silly point.
  • "Doing things different" isnt necessarily the key to success. I think this is a silly point.
  • Sony really dont need to get into a price war, because the system is already far cheaper than the Xbox One and the Wii U is struggling as it is due to a lack of support. The pricing for the machine is perfect and Sony should be able to hold the $399 tag for at least 2 Years, providing support stays strong for the console (It will).

I think youre grasping at straws by pointing at history really.

Now, to move onto the Wii U

• Wii U Party wont do shit in the grand scheme of things, because the controller doesnt appeal to the mass market. The only way a Pokemon will sell the Wii U in a meaningful way, will be if Nintendo finally push out a proper Pokemon game for the console - This wont happen. We are more likely to get Pokemon Snap U
  • Nintendo have the biggest games, yes. Its not the names that sell though, its the experience. Wii Sports on WIi U will be a totally different experience to Wii Sports on Wii It wont have the appeal.
  • Price means nothing without support - The WIi U doesnt have meaningful support.

Right.

In all seriousness, I think the order will be PS4 >> Xbox One > Wii U

PS4 > 100 Million
Xbox One ~50 Million
Wii U ~ 40 Million