Quantcast
FFXIII-2 NEW INFO From Previews! (multiple story arcs, hidden side quests, larger dungeons...)

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXIII-2 NEW INFO From Previews! (multiple story arcs, hidden side quests, larger dungeons...)

Zkuq said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:


I hope SE don't do a Metal Geal Solid 2 on us. I am surely will be pissed.

Don't be. Sure, Raiden was annoying but he still succeeded in doing what he was supposed to: make Snake look even cooler. It really was largely a game about Snake despite the playable character being Raiden instead of Snake. That said, I doubt SE can really pull off the same trick Kojima did, at least not as well as he did.

I see something similar happening here. The game will largely be about Lightning etc but it will involve parts where we don't play as her too.

For the record MGS2 is one of my fav MGS games so I didn't mind, besides Raiden was hated for the silliest reasons (and some valid reasons), and I liked the whole Rose/Raiden relationship thingy.



All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

NEW Info from the interview:

- About TOWNZ in FFXIII-2......" So with that we put an AI in every single person living in the town so they can do their own things. They may sit down and chat, or they may talk to their family members, or somebody they want to talk to, so they do their own actions. In that sense, it’s a quite different type of town you would find in a Final Fantasy [game]."

- About Sidequests in XIII-2....."cleared the game once, from the second playthrough on there are replay values attached to it. It’s a lot like New Game+, it’s the same system, so there are items and features than can entice you to keep playing. As far as side missions, there are more side missions a bit like in Red Dead Redemption. So it’s not just the hunts, it’s the other types of missions as well. One of the criticisms we received about Final Fantasy XIII was there was not enough mini games, and people want to see more of them, so that’s some of the things we added as well."

JUMP Magazine & Famitsu have more articles on Friday.



All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

This is a bit crazy im not gonna lie i wasnt expecting this much freaking content. They seem to be overachieving lol i like that. Though if random battle are in thats a downer...but since most main ff are random encounters ill except it. Also noel looks pretty cool though if he lived on pulse the entire time how come we didnt run into him or his towns lol, big planet i suppose. anyway this has my 2012 hype.



my hype for this game has gone from 7/10 to a 9/10.




darthdevidem01 said:
NEW Info from the interview:

- About TOWNZ in FFXIII-2......" So with that we put an AI in every single person living in the town so they can do their own things. They may sit down and chat, or they may talk to their family members, or somebody they want to talk to, so they do their own actions. In that sense, it’s a quite different type of town you would find in a Final Fantasy [game]."

- About Sidequests in XIII-2....."cleared the game once, from the second playthrough on there are replay values attached to it. It’s a lot like New Game+, it’s the same system, so there are items and features than can entice you to keep playing. As far as side missions, there are more side missions a bit like in Red Dead Redemption. So it’s not just the hunts, it’s the other types of missions as well. One of the criticisms we received about Final Fantasy XIII was there was not enough mini games, and people want to see more of them, so that’s some of the things we added as well."

JUMP Magazine & Famitsu have more articles on Friday.

Can't wait to read that extra info from Jump ad Famitsu and can't wait for this Game to consume all my time from December through January^_^



Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Around the Network

Seems Square took all the criticisms seriously. 13-2 has definitely piqued my interest.



darthdevidem01 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Looks nice, but early 2012 is already looking hectic with SSX, this and Mass Effect 3

Its like 2010 with ME2, FFXIII, Heavy Rain, WKC.

@Fab_GS

Thanks reading it now.


I managed that by playing Mass Effect 2 for about 24 hours in its first week of release, I don't think I could manage that unless my work goes away entirely and everyone stops speaking to me...



hikaruchan said:
darthdevidem01 said:
NEW Info from the interview:

- About TOWNZ in FFXIII-2......" So with that we put an AI in every single person living in the town so they can do their own things. They may sit down and chat, or they may talk to their family members, or somebody they want to talk to, so they do their own actions. In that sense, it’s a quite different type of town you would find in a Final Fantasy [game]."

- About Sidequests in XIII-2....."cleared the game once, from the second playthrough on there are replay values attached to it. It’s a lot like New Game+, it’s the same system, so there are items and features than can entice you to keep playing. As far as side missions, there are more side missions a bit like in Red Dead Redemption. So it’s not just the hunts, it’s the other types of missions as well. One of the criticisms we received about Final Fantasy XIII was there was not enough mini games, and people want to see more of them, so that’s some of the things we added as well."

JUMP Magazine & Famitsu have more articles on Friday.

Can't wait to read that extra info from Jump ad Famitsu and can't wait for this Game to consume all my time from December through January^_^

You will be importing and playing while I wait till march? 



All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Munkeh111 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Munkeh111 said:
Looks nice, but early 2012 is already looking hectic with SSX, this and Mass Effect 3

Its like 2010 with ME2, FFXIII, Heavy Rain, WKC.

@Fab_GS

Thanks reading it now.


I managed that by playing Mass Effect 2 for about 24 hours in its first week of release, I don't think I could manage that unless my work goes away entirely and everyone stops speaking to me...

I agree I won't manage that either next year with Uni work, makes A2 year look like a joke (almost). 

It depends on where my PS3 is, with me or at home, ME3 I can get on PC anyway.



All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Thank you for the intel! The game is going to make a lot of haters silent! Can't wait for December!!!!