By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXIII-2 NEW INFO From Previews! (multiple story arcs, hidden side quests, larger dungeons...)

Dodece said:
@Radha

I have to explain something to you about these bosses leveling. They level exactly like the players do. It isn't just a question of them adding health, or having attacks that do some more damage. No if that were the case I wouldn't be so upset. They unlock new moves, but a lot of new moves. They unlock new features. Their gauges also shoot through the roof. Look there probably isn't any way your going to understand how insane my later boss battles were once I had maxed my party out.

Funny. I haven't noticed this, and this is actually the first time I've even read about something like that in FFXIII. I have the platinum trophy so I've played enough, and I also own the official guide in which I've never seen a mention of this. I've also completed the final battle twice, and while my characters weren't that much more advanced the second time I fought it, there was still a significant difference: it was a lot easier. In fact, are we even talking about the same game?

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

Some info on Neol from Gaminformers mag preview...unfortunately the gameinformer mag has been leaked so late that we know most of the info it was going to reveal:

- Switching paradigms automatically switches monsters. The Warhorn (a behemoth-like creature) appears under a commando paradigm. Flanbanero, an orange flan that’s fond of water spells, is a ravager.

- There will be around 200 ally monsters in the game.

- The team designed battles for players to use feral link, a monster special attack, often. A synchronization gauge lets you know when the attack is ready and it fills fast.

- Final Fantasy XIII-2 has secret enemies. For example cactuar is hidden in a specific room of the demo, but there is only a small chance you’ll run into it.

- Noel is from Pulse and has always lived there as a Hunter

- The game will begin with you playing as Lightning

I like the idea of each monster having its own special ability..if a given monster is a ravager it can only use spells of one element instead of all elements....it will make you decide which monster to use to defeat an enemy otherwise a monster would've been like any old party member.

Noel being from pulse suggests that some civilization may still be present on Pulse.

As story spoilers are starting to come out now I think my media blackout will begin now...feel free to post any more info if you guys find it in here.

I hope SE don't do a Metal Geal Solid 2 on us. I am surely will be pissed.

NoCtiS_NoX said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Some info on Neol from Gaminformers mag preview...unfortunately the gameinformer mag has been leaked so late that we know most of the info it was going to reveal:

- Switching paradigms automatically switches monsters. The Warhorn (a behemoth-like creature) appears under a commando paradigm. Flanbanero, an orange flan that’s fond of water spells, is a ravager.

- There will be around 200 ally monsters in the game.

- The team designed battles for players to use feral link, a monster special attack, often. A synchronization gauge lets you know when the attack is ready and it fills fast.

- Final Fantasy XIII-2 has secret enemies. For example cactuar is hidden in a specific room of the demo, but there is only a small chance you’ll run into it.

- Noel is from Pulse and has always lived there as a Hunter

- The game will begin with you playing as Lightning

I like the idea of each monster having its own special ability..if a given monster is a ravager it can only use spells of one element instead of all elements....it will make you decide which monster to use to defeat an enemy otherwise a monster would've been like any old party member.

Noel being from pulse suggests that some civilization may still be present on Pulse.

As story spoilers are starting to come out now I think my media blackout will begin now...feel free to post any more info if you guys find it in here.

Don't be. Sure, Raiden was annoying but he still succeeded in doing what he was supposed to: make Snake look even cooler. It really was largely a game about Snake despite the playable character being Raiden instead of Snake. That said, I doubt SE can really pull off the same trick Kojima did, at least not as well as he did.

Zkuq said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

Don't be. Sure, Raiden was annoying but he still succeeded in doing what he was supposed to: make Snake look even cooler. It really was largely a game about Snake despite the playable character being Raiden instead of Snake. That said, I doubt SE can really pull off the same trick Kojima did, at least not as well as he did.

Don't get me wrong. I love the game, I don't hate Raiden but if SE did that I will surely be pissed because Lighning is my favorite character in FFXIII universe. The first teaser showing Light got me excited for this game.

Looks nice, but early 2012 is already looking hectic with SSX, this and Mass Effect 3

Around the Network

Very good details. Definitely gets me pumped!!

Interesting to hear about Multiple endings... I wonder how they'll play that one out.

RPG Site Interview with both the director Motomu Toriyama and producer Yoshinori Kitase

http://ps3.rpgsite.net/interviews/282-e3-2011-final-fantasy-xiii2-developer-intervie

Munkeh111 said:
Looks nice, but early 2012 is already looking hectic with SSX, this and Mass Effect 3

Its like 2010 with ME2, FFXIII, Heavy Rain, WKC.

@Fab_GS

Thanks reading it now.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

NoCtiS_NoX said:
Zkuq said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

Don't get me wrong. I love the game, I don't hate Raiden but if SE did that I will surely be pissed because Lighning is my favorite character in FFXIII universe. The first teaser showing Light got me excited for this game.

Hmm, Lightning really is pretty awesome, definitely one of my favorites as well (though I've missed way too many FF games despite owning them).

Zkuq said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

I see something similar happening here. The game will largely be about Lightning etc but it will involve parts where we don't play as her too.

For the record MGS2 is one of my fav MGS games so I didn't mind, besides Raiden was hated for the silliest reasons (and some valid reasons), and I liked the whole Rose/Raiden relationship thingy.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey