By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXIII-2 NEW INFO From Previews! (multiple story arcs, hidden side quests, larger dungeons...)

This is gonna be the last thing I read about the game , I don't want to know all the characters , summons ( I want the Ifrit back ) , some important parts of the story , I want to be surprised , really looking forward to it

Multiple Endings !? , the platinum is gonna take weeks , beat the game 3 or 4 times , but as always during the first play-though don't pay attention to the trophies :p

Around the Network
VXIII said:
This is gonna be the last thing I read about the game , I don't want to know all the characters , summons ( I want the Ifrit back ) , some important parts of the story , I want to be surprised , really looking forward to it

Multiple Endings !? , the platinum is gonna take weeks , beat the game 3 or 4 times , but as always during the first play-though don't pay attention to the trophies :p

I want all that too, but how does one refrain from seeing info, clicking on threads and seeing trailers? How can that self control come? I mean with XIII I knew all the locations, characters, summons lol

Platinum lololol...I just beat my first adamantoise in FFXIII yesterday *hides in shame* and I am on pace to get the platinum sometime in 2020, I doubt I will ever get the platinum FFXIII-2....or any videogame.

Anyway Lightning vs Bahamut footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82UWu0anRjA

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Bigger dungeons??? FFXIII didnt have any dungeons to begin. Again this is all talk lets see it.

But I do like the monster raising bits though

I'm really excited for XIII-2. Much more than versus (Because that's a nomura directed game. I like KH mind you.). If they actually follow through. This is more of the changes I wanted than I thought was gonna happen.

there ya go darth!

Can't wait! Sounds promising so far.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Around the Network

Sounding positive. Looks like they've taken the criticisms on board but it's still not a day 1 purchase after the FFXIII debacle. I'll wait and see a few weeks after it's released.

This makes me think how did these guys fuck up so badly on FF13 when they have all these great ideas? I'm actually interested in this game now.

"Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier." - Virginia

I confess I was actually completely disinterested in this title. Thirteen was ninety percent tedium with the other ten percent being pure frustration. There was so much wrong it is hard to know where to begin. The leveling/upgrading was ridiculous. The loot table was a horror story. The combat scaling was simply whacked out. They made a game that was based on over the top grinding. However if you chose to grind while you might be twice as strong for your efforts the bosses in turn would be five or six times stronger. Toss in the number of cheap attacks that some bosses got, and you have a recipe for pure hell. The game outright demanded that you play in a linear fashion. Not doing so resulted in some pretty gruesome shit.

I have heard people tell me Thirteen was easy, but speaking as someone who will grind if the game seems to offer me up good reasons to do so. I fought that final boss three times with characters built up to different levels. The last time I faced that boss basically maxed all the way out was a complete mauling. Not him mind you me. This is a boss that I beat with some trouble earlier, but that third time took me almost four hours. The margins were simply gone from the fight. Timing being off for just a split second would outright kill me. That is what just plain soured me. After I finished that fight. I gave the game the finger. This when I meant to unlock, and go back to Pulse to finish the team off for the achievement.

The point I am getting at is this. Even though I am still pissed about the first game. The changes that I have seen in this new game are actually getting me interested. I am still cautious, but when I see exploration and side quests I can see potential for a more rewarding, and more balanced game. What killed me on Thirteen was that is was all too linear in every aspect.

i think people should be able to trade FFXIII for this one for free, since this is the complete product and FFXIII was like the beta. Yeah it makes sense, this should be free for FFXIII buyers, in fact they should give us a limited edition with FFVII action figures for all the inconveniences, or at least put FFV:AC complete in the package.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Dodece said:
I confess I was actually completely disinterested in this title. Thirteen was ninety percent tedium with the other ten percent being pure frustration. There was so much wrong it is hard to know where to begin. The leveling/upgrading was ridiculous. The loot table was a horror story. The combat scaling was simply whacked out. They made a game that was based on over the top grinding. However if you chose to grind while you might be twice as strong for your efforts the bosses in turn would be five or six times stronger. Toss in the number of cheap attacks that some bosses got, and you have a recipe for pure hell. The game outright demanded that you play in a linear fashion. Not doing so resulted in some pretty gruesome shit.

I have heard people tell me Thirteen was easy, but speaking as someone who will grind if the game seems to offer me up good reasons to do so. I fought that final boss three times with characters built up to different levels. The last time I faced that boss basically maxed all the way out was a complete mauling. Not him mind you me. This is a boss that I beat with some trouble earlier, but that third time took me almost four hours. The margins were simply gone from the fight. Timing being off for just a split second would outright kill me. That is what just plain soured me. After I finished that fight. I gave the game the finger. This when I meant to unlock, and go back to Pulse to finish the team off for the achievement.

The point I am getting at is this. Even though I am still pissed about the first game. The changes that I have seen in this new game are actually getting me interested. I am still cautious, but when I see exploration and side quests I can see potential for a more rewarding, and more balanced game. What killed me on Thirteen was that is was all too linear in every aspect.

Dude , how come you found FFXIII hard? it had auto battle, you just had to stagger you enemy and thats it. If you have a cat, try putting glitter in the buttons and approach the cat to the controller, mine won a couple of figths , then put a rubber band pull the left sitck up and thats it, at least until you get to the "open world part". I was thinking of trying it out with a chinken in fact but i couldnt find any during the time i had access to the game.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection