By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD: Leaked data "incorrect" and "way off"

Pfft.....there goes NPD being gospel.........

Too much speculation to confirm anything.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Maybe they just want you to believe the leaks are way off so that you won't be interested anymore.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Whether true or not NPD would be forced to give the same denial based on the terms of their contracts with publishers.

Only the company who's product it is can release sales figures.

So either:

1. AniHawk is found to be lying, shaking the very foundations of sales-age on gaf.

-or-

2. NPD are just being dicks, trying to cover up their numbers and make AniHawk look bad. This will make gaf like NPD a little less, but gaf will continue to put up with NPD's shenanigans just so they can discuss "real" numbers.

I'm leaning towards the latter.

yeah i agree, AntiHawk is known to be reliable, i think NPD are just being dicks.

Around the Network

I just saw this thread on VC game page. And it's not that old... So im bumping the damn thing.

I laugh at 2 certain people who always like to try downplay a certain games numbers. You know who you are.

And it feels good.

Does every NPD thread have to be about Valkyria Chronicles sales? This is getting ridiculous.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

dolemit3 said:
Does every NPD thread have to be about Valkyria Chronicles sales? This is getting ridiculous.

Well that Jarrod dude brings up these leaked NPD numbers whenever VC sales come up, so I guess the two are inextricably linked now.  Please forward all complaints to him.

superchunk said:
Meh, I've got vgchartz.

this

Torillian said:
dolemit3 said:

Well that Jarrod dude brings up these leaked NPD numbers whenever VC sales come up, so I guess the two are inextricably linked now.  Please forward all complaints to him.

Since you're a moderator, I might as well ask you this question:

ioi is the site owner correct? He currently has made it a bannable offense to create or talk about shipped numbers vs sold numbers. We know shipped numbers are always 100% right - Sony, MS, Nintendo know exactly how many units they have sold - whereas sold numbers are always based on a formula. NPD. Famitsu, VGC, Degenki, ChartTrack, Media Create alll use a formula to estimate sales and with that I think we can all agree that there's room for error on estimated sales. With that said, shouldn't  it be bannable to discuss vgc sales with other trackers? Since it's now bannable to discuss it with shipment sales - again shipment being the most accurate number there is. Maybe this question would be better directed to ioi.

Finally, I hate to tell everyone I told you so when I said Anihawk does not have access to NPD data.