By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD: Leaked data "incorrect" and "way off"

Don't know about Anyhawk's numbers but creamsugar was definitely leaking NPD numbers. Too bad NPD goons finally silenced him.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network
ElGranCabeza said:
Torillian said:
dolemit3 said:
Does every NPD thread have to be about Valkyria Chronicles sales? This is getting ridiculous.

Well that Jarrod dude brings up these leaked NPD numbers whenever VC sales come up, so I guess the two are inextricably linked now.  Please forward all complaints to him.

Since you're a moderator, I might as well ask you this question:

ioi is the site owner correct? He currently has made it a bannable offense to create or talk about shipped numbers vs sold numbers. We know shipped numbers are always 100% right - Sony, MS, Nintendo know exactly how many units they have sold - whereas sold numbers are always based on a formula. NPD. Famitsu, VGC, Degenki, ChartTrack, Media Create alll use a formula to estimate sales and with that I think we can all agree that there's room for error on estimated sales. With that said, shouldn't  it be bannable to discuss vgc sales with other trackers? Since it's now bannable to discuss it with shipment sales - again shipment being the most accurate number there is. Maybe this question would be better directed to ioi.

Finally, I hate to tell everyone I told you so when I said Anihawk does not have access to NPD data.

Yeah this definitely would be best directed at ioi, he hasn't put out a general change to rules to all the mods so I assume that was an isolated incident and he just wanted the Sony fans to stop making thread after thread about it.  Therefore I don't think it's likely that further rules not allowing comparisons to other sales tracking sites will be made.  In general we try not to dissallow any reasonable discussion on the forums, we just want people to not ask the same question 20 times after they get a reasonable answer.

The NPD wouldn't have to deal with this nonsense if they just released the numbers like all the other tracking groups covering different areas of the world.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)